Welcome UFC fans, the UFC is live at VyStar Veterans Memorial Arena in Jacksonville, Fla, with an exciting featherweight fight headlining UFC 273: Alexander Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie. Below are MMA DFS picks for DraftKings and FanDuel fantasy UFC lineups with the help Awesemo’s expert UFC DFS projections. Let’s dig into some UFC picks for UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie.
UFC 273: Volkanovski vs. Korean Zombie MMA DFS Picks
Top-End UFC Picks
Khamzat Chimaev | DraftKings: $9,400 , FanDuel: $22
Chimaev has been marked the bogeyman of the division. He has been mowing over his competition, racking up four performance-of-the-night bonuses. Chimaev submitted John Phillips at middleweight, knocked out Rhys Mckee at welterweight, knocked out Gerald Meerschaert and then submitted Li Jingliang. Gilbert Burns will be a huge step up in competition for Chimaev, Burns has elite jiu-jitsu and big knockout power. That said, Burns will have the advantage in experience but Chimaev’s size, power, and pure dominance will cause issues for Bruns in the octagon. For UFC DFS, Chimaev a solid play in all formats and should pay off his high price tag nicely. Awesemo’s MMA projections give Chimaev 67% win odds with a 33% chance for a knockout.
Petr Yan | DraftKings: $9,300, FanDuel: $21
In the first meeting with Aljamain Sterling, Yan was significantly more efficient with a 64% striking accuracy. Furthermore, Yan also was patient in that fight gathering information before exploding and throwing high volume with accuracy. I fully do not expect this fight to go into the championship rounds. Yan is familiar with Sterling’s style after the first meeting and should be able to take advantage of the holes in Sterling’s game early. For MMA DFS, Yan is a strong play with high score upside in DFS. Awesemo’s UFC projections give Yan 81% win odds with a 39% chance for a knockout.
Yan was one of the top fighters popping in the Awesemo MMA DFS optimizer projections today. He’s a top UFC Pick for this slate. Check out all of our free fantasy MMA DFS Picks and projections in our DraftKings UFC DFS Cheat Sheet and FanDuel UFC DFS Cheat Sheet.
Mid-Range UFC Picks
Jared Vanderaa | DraftKings: $8,200, FanDuel: $15
Vanderaa is a strong mid-priced play at this tag, due to finishing this fight via knockout. Aleksei Oleinik has nine knockout losses, and his chin is suspect and he sure is not getting any younger. However, if Vanderaa can not keep this fight standing and Oleinik drags him to the canvas, Oleinik’s submission game is slick and extremely dangerous. Vanderaa has the power to make quick work of the fading Oleinik and his suspect chin. For UFC DFS lineups, Vanderaa is a solid paly due to his knockout ability, but you should have a few shares of Oleinik in your DFS lineups because of his dangerous submission skills. Awesemo’s UFC projections give Vanderaa 51% win odds with a 38% chance for a knockout.
Latest MMA & UFC DFS Content
- MMA DFS Picks Today: Vegas 55 Holm vs. Vieira | DraftKings & FanDuel
- DraftKings UFC DFS Picks & Fantasy MMA Cheat Sheet UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs. Vieira | Saturday, 5/21/22
- FanDuel UFC DFS Picks & Fantasy MMA Cheat Sheet UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs. Vieira | Saturday, 5/21/22
- 📽️ MMA DFS Live Before Lock UFC Fight Night Blachowicz vs. Rakic | Daily Fantasy UFC Picks For DraftKings + FanDuel
- MMA DFS Picks Today UFC Vegas 54: Blachowicz vs. Rakic
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
UFC Value Picks
Kay Hansen | DraftKings: $7,900, FanDuel: $14
Hansen will probably go overlooked on this card due to all the big names fighting tonight at UFC 273. That said, Hansen has solid Jiu-jitsu with a dangerous submission game, if she can get this fight to the mat she could easily lock in a submission. Piera Rodriguez has solid takedown defense, but I expect Hansen will be able to get hip throws or leg trips to get Rodriguez to the canvas. I fully expect Hansen could easily drag Rodriguez into her wheelhouse at some point and find a submission victory. For UFC DFS fantasy, there is risk rostering Hansen, but at $7,900 it could payoff nicely with a submission win. Awesemo’s projections give Hansen 48% win odds.
Josh Fremd | DraftKings: $7,500, FanDuel: $14
Fremd is a well-rounded fighter, with solid power and looks comfortable in striking exchanges. He has four wins via knockout, three via submission and two via decision. From the tape I’ve seen on Fremd, if he has correct his lack of head movement for this fight, then I expect he has a real shot to do damage the smaller Hernandez. Furthermore, Fremd should be able to hole his own if the fight hits the mat. I expect this fight will be closer and more competitive and Fremd will surely go overlooked. For MMA DFS, there is risk here for sure but high reward with a finish. Awesemo’s UFC projections give 36% win odds.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more MMA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo MMA DFS home page.
UFC DFS Top Fighters Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
UFC DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel MMA
UFC DFS DraftKings and FanDuel Rankings
UFC DFS DraftKings and FanDuel Projections
MMA DFS Picks Today: Vegas 55 Holm vs. Vieira | DraftKings & FanDuel
DraftKings UFC DFS Picks & Fantasy MMA Cheat Sheet UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs. Vieira | Saturday, 5/21/22
FanDuel UFC DFS Picks & Fantasy MMA Cheat Sheet UFC Vegas 55: Holm vs. Vieira | Saturday, 5/21/22
📽️ MMA DFS Live Before Lock UFC Fight Night Blachowicz vs. Rakic | Daily Fantasy UFC Picks For DraftKings + FanDuel