Sunday, June 27, brings Game 3 of the Eastern Conference Finals and a venue change to Atlanta. Let’s look at the Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks player pool and discuss the top NBA DFS picks for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo lineups. Don’t forget to head over to the Awesemo NBA DFS home page for more great written daily fantasy basketball content, including the FREE NBA Deep Dive — the most in-depth article in the industry.
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks, Sunday, June 27
Yahoo Play of the Day — Giannis Antetokounmpo: Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 62.05 | DraftKings: 64.31
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 100% | FanDuel 100% | DraftKings 96.8%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $54 | FanDuel $16,500 | DraftKings $12,000
There is not much to analyze here. On Yahoo it is hard to consider anyone other than Giannis Antetokounmpo for the top multiplier designation. For perspective, there should be at least 25 lineups before even considering moving him out of that slot.
Trae Young: Atlanta Hawks vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 49.97 | DraftKings: 53.93
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 70.0% | FanDuel 27.1% | DraftKings 67.1%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $43 | FanDuel $16,000 | DraftKings $11,200
Milwaukee focused on shutting down Trae Young, and it was effective. It is to be seem if coach Mike Budenholzer will continue to apply the pressure back in Atlanta. Getting Cam Reddish back in the mix provides the Hawks with another scorer, and they are unlikely to all slump at the same time like they did in Game 2. Four Bucks tallied more fantasy points than Young, which is not likely to happen again this series. After Friday’s drubbing, gamers may be moving Khris Middleton and Jrue Holiday ahead of Young, which is a mistake. Do not let recent results cloud decision making.
Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball Discount Dandies
- Danilo Gallinari, $12: Do not lose faith, as Gallinari is in line for a bounce-back performance with the series moving back to his home gym. He saw his second-half rotation curbed by the blowout, so look to his previous efforts as a starting point. Cam Reddish being back has the potential to gum up the works, and while Gallinari will not be directly impacted, there is a trickle-down effect.
- Cam Reddish, $10: After missing just over four months with an Achilles injury, Reddish played the entire fourth quarter in mop-up duty. He should be inserted earlier in the rotation Sunday, but there are no guarantees.
- Lou Williams, $10: Now that Reddish is back and the Hawks have turned to their better backcourt defenders, it seems that Williams will be capped at 11 minutes unless he is in heat-check mode.
- P.J. Tucker, $11: Three steals carried the day for Tucker, who tallied 20 fantasy points in 26 minutes despite scoring 1 real point. That is his path to fantasy success, though it can lead to single-digit disasters.
- Pat Connaughton, $10: In a twist, Connaughton was not on the court in the final frame, as the Bucks turned to the very end of the bench in mop-up duty. He was on pace for his typical 18 to 21 minutes prior to the blowout, and that is the baseline again for tonight.
- Bobby Portis, $11: For a few possessions, it looked like Portis actually knew how to play defense. And though that quickly faded, he was a key part in the Bucks rolling up to an early and insurmountable lead. He should again flirt with 20 fantasy points and has a floor of 10 to 12 on Yahoo.
Final Thoughts on the Sunday, June 27 NBA DFS Slate
Have realistic expectations on the single-game slates, and while the giant tournaments are fun, the smaller-field contests can be lucrative with fewer lineup duplications. Keep in mind that salaries and scoring formats differ across the various fantasy sites, and a slam-dunk play on Yahoo may be a below-average NBA DFS pick on DraftKings or FanDuel.
📽️ NBA Daily Fantasy Basketball Slate Starter Show: DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups Today | 10/20/21
NBA DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections
NBA DFS Ownership Projections: Showdown & Single-Game
Awesemo’s NBA DFS Rankings
Wednesday Slate Starter: NBA DFS Strategy for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups Today | 10/20/21
NBA DFS Projections for No House Advantage | FREE
NBA DFS Boom/Bust Probability
NBA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo and No House Advantage Daily Fantasy (FREE TODAY)