Tuesday, June 29, brings a pivotal Game 4 of the Eastern Conference Finals. Trae Young suffered an ankle/foot injury in Game 3, and though likely to play, he will not be 100%. Similarly, Bogdan Bogdanovic is dealing with a sore knee, which has limited his effectiveness at times. Let’s look at the Milwaukee Bucks vs. Atlanta Hawks player pool and discuss the top NBA DFS picks for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo lineups. Don’t forget to head over to the Awesemo NBA DFS home page for more great written daily fantasy basketball content, including the FREE NBA Deep Dive — the most in-depth article in the industry.
***Get a SNEAK PEEK with our free premium data, tools and content of the day, the Awesemo Premium Single-Game Player Projections.***
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks, Tuesday, June 29
Yahoo Play of the Day — Giannis Antetokounmpo: Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 60.84 | DraftKings: 63.04
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 80.5% | FanDuel 74.0% | DraftKings 77.6%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $54 | FanDuel $16,000 | DraftKings $12,000
Tonight the Bucks have a chance to push the Hawks to the brink and are 7-point road favorites. Trae Young is dinged up, and he is the only player within 20% of Giannis Antetokounmpo’s project fantasy points. Unless there is a remarkable recovery for Young, or if Khris Middleton has another supernova performance, Antetokounmpo is likely to tally the best fantasy score of the night. There is no need to get cute or fancy by shying away from him.
Khris Middleton: Milwaukee Bucks at Atlanta Hawks
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 40.86 | DraftKings: 42.9
Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 70.5% | FanDuel 45.0% | DraftKings 52.2%
DFS Salary: Yahoo $33 | FanDuel $14,000 | DraftKings $10,000
By no means is this chasing Sunday’s amazing performance where Khris Middleton cruised to 38 points, 11 rebounds and seven assists in 42.5 minutes. Middleton actually has been a featured option several times in this postseason article series. Now, what would be foolish is expecting even 80% of his megawatt performance tonight. However, equally foolish would be not using him on the majority of lineups, particularly on FanDuel. If Young is hurt or ineffective, that upsets the delicate balance in the Hawks offense, and the wheels tend to fall off the wagon. There is no need for the Bucks to take it easy in this pivotal game, and there is a chance of two or even three Milwaukee players outscoring Young tonight.
Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball Discount Dandies
- Bobby Portis, $11: Doesn’t it seem like it is the destiny of Portis to one day play for Atlanta? In the meantime, he has continued to see 15 to 18 minutes consistently in this series, and he is not afraid to look for his shot while he is on the court. There is always the chance he will see extended run in the final frame if this game turns lopsided, which is far from impossible tonight.
- P.J. Tucker, $11: Once again Tucker saw minutes in the mid-30s and was able to chip in with a little of everything, which nearly added up to 20 fantasy points. More of the same is the likely outcome once again.
- Pat Connaughton, $10: The anti-Portis, Connaughton continues to see the most minutes off the bench, and since he plays a modicum of defense, he saw heavy fourth quarter run for the second time this series. While he plays more minutes than Portis, he has been taking only a handful of shot each game, which limits his fantasy upside.
- Danilo Gallinari, $12: Finally Gallinari had a decent game, putting up 18 points, four rebounds and a pair of steals in nearly 36 minutes of action. Atlanta needs his scoring, and there is a good chance he will be in the 28- to 30-minute range as a baseline projection.
- Lou Williams, $10: Both Cam Reddish and Kris Dunn were once again DNPs, and while this was expected, it is a reminder how tight the rotations have become at this point in the season. Williams should have 10 to 12 minutes, and there are another half dozen minutes available if he is playing well.
- Onyeka Okongwu, $10: Okongwu was productive in nine minutes, posting 4 points, two rebounds, a block and a steal. That is going to be the realistic best-case scenario unless the game ends up being lopsided or coach Nate McMillan gets desperate for an energetic defender off the bench. Though, that means one of John Collins or Clint Capela would be off the court.
Final Thoughts on the Tuesday, June 29 NBA DFS Slate
Have realistic expectations on the single-game slates, and while the giant tournaments are fun, the smaller-field contests can be lucrative with fewer lineup duplications. Keep in mind that salaries and scoring formats differ across the various fantasy sites, and a slam-dunk play on Yahoo may be a below-average NBA DFS pick on DraftKings or FanDuel.
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: NBA Picks for Daily Fantasy Basketball Lineups Luka Doncic | 10/23/21
FanDuel Cheat Sheet: NBA Picks for Daily Fantasy Basketball Lineups Kristaps Porzingis | 10/23/21
Yahoo Cheat Sheet: NBA Picks for Daily Fantasy Lineups Damian Lillard | 10/23/21
NBA Fantasy: Boom Bust Tool Projections for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups Today | 10/23/21
NBA DFS Building Blocks for Saturday, October 23 | Today, 10/23/21
NBA DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections
NBA Daily Fantasy Injury Report: Starting Lineups & Today’s Breaking NBA News for DraftKings & FanDuel Picks Tonight | 10/23/21
📽️ The Daily Fantasy Basketball Strategy Show | 10/23 at 10 a.m. ET