Wednesday, June 30, once again Paul George and the Clippers managed to avoid elimination. Let’s look at the Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns player pool and discuss the top NBA DFS picks for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo lineups. Don’t forget to head over to the Awesemo NBA DFS home page for more great written daily fantasy basketball content, including the FREE NBA Deep Dive — the most in-depth article in the industry.
***Get a SNEAK PEEK with our free premium data, tools and content of the day, the Awesemo Premium NBA Big Board.***
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks, Wednesday, June 30
Yahoo Play of the Day — Paul George: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 55.61 | DraftKings: 59.69
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 95.5% | FanDuel 68.4% | DraftKings 84.9%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $44 | FanDuel $16,000 | DraftKings $12,000
Somehow the Clippers managed to extend their season for one more game. They did this all without Ivica Zubac, who was out with a sore knee. Once again Paul George willed his short-handed squad to victory and posted another stellar fantasy performance. There are not many other superlatives to add other than make sure he is on the majority of rosters tonight.
Chris Paul: Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Clippers
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 41.55 | DraftKings: 42.71
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 70.5%| FanDuel 49.5% | DraftKings 62.4%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $32 | FanDuel $14,000 | DraftKings $9,600
The postseason has had more twists and turns than any in recent memory. The Suns really let one get away by losing at home to the depleted Clippers on Monday. Now with injuries to Giannis Antetokounmpo and Trae Young, both Western Conference teams have to be feeling good about their chances in the Finals. However, they have to get by each other first, so hopefully neither team is caught looking ahead because Phoenix did just that in Game 5 when they could have sent the Clippers packing for good. Expect big minutes again from Chris Paul in this pivotal Game 6 with his first trip to the Finals within his grasp.
Devin Booker: Phoenix Suns at Los Angeles Clippers
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 41.87 | DraftKings: 44.27
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 50.5% | FanDuel 53% | DraftKings 63.8%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $34 | FanDuel $14,500 | DraftKings $10,200
Playing a hefty 43 minutes, Devin Booker looked more comfortable from the field, going 9-for-22 and 4-for-6 from beyond the arc. He also was 9-for-11 from the line on his way to over 40 fantasy points. He is going to be crucial as the primary scoring option for the Suns tonight and will have all the pressure on him. Phoenix still has an out since they would host a Game 7, but coach Monty Williams has challenged his veterans to end this series tonight. This is definitely must-see television.
Reggie Jackson: Los Angeles Clippers vs. Phoenix Suns
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 29.76 | DraftKings: 31.56
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 65.5% | FanDuel 39.9% | DraftKings 47.8%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $20 | FanDuel $12,500 | DraftKings $8,200
Once again Reggie Jackson was a key performer for the Clippers, who were without Ivica Zubac and even more short-handed than ever this series. Jackson topped 20-plus for the fourth time this series and also had at least five rebounds for the fourth time. He should chip in a handful of assists and a potential steal or two, which likely would get him to the mid-30s from a fantasy perspective.
Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball Discount Dandies
Los Angeles Clippers
- Patrick Beverley, $10: Beverley is the best bargain on the slate now that Rajon Rondo has two straight DNPs. He should get in the 30- to 32-minute range, and though he has a low floor, 20 Yahoo fantasy points would be in his realistic range of outcomes.
- DeMarcus Cousin, $10: If Zubac is out again with his knee injury, gamers can roll the dice with Cousins, who should see 10 to 12 minutes and can be productive in a hurry. Even if Zubac is out, there is no guarantee that Cousins will have his backers dancing like they were on Monday.
- Marcus Morris, $15: After seeing limited minutes with knee soreness earlier in the series, Morris stepped into the void left by Zubac and played a whopping 38.8 minutes, scoring 22 points and chipping in three rebounds, two assists and a steal. In this win-or-go-home game, even if Zubac plays Morris offers significant upside.
- Cameron Johnson, $10: Johnson and Torrey Craig saw fourth quarter minutes over Mikal Bridges and Jae Crowder in the comeback scramble of Game 5. Johnson’s upside is predicated on the effectiveness and foul situations for Bridges and Crowder, though 20 to 23 minutes is possible.
- Dario Saric, $10: Everything hinges on the effectiveness, health and foul count for Deandre Ayton before Saric will see more than 8 to 10 minutes. Unless there are any roster shakeups, which is highly unlikely, Saric should be relegated to desperation differentiation in tournaments.
- Cameron Payne, $14: Payne should be in line for 13 to 16 minutes unless anything untoward befalls Booker or Paul. The only certainty is that he will at least be in the rotation.
Final Thoughts on the Wednesday, June 30 NBA DFS Slate
Have realistic expectations on the single-game slates, and while the giant tournaments are fun, the smaller-field contests can be lucrative with fewer lineup duplications. Keep in mind that salaries and scoring formats differ across the various fantasy sites, and a slam-dunk play on Yahoo may be a below-average NBA DFS pick on DraftKings or FanDuel.
📽️ NBA Daily Fantasy Basketball Slate Starter Show: DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups Today | 10/28/21
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (Free Trial)
NBA DFS Boom/Bust Probability
NBA DFS Projections for No House Advantage | FREE
NBA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo and No House Advantage Daily Fantasy (FREE TODAY)
Awesemo’s NBA DFS Rankings
NBA DFS Ownership Projections: Showdown & Single-Game
NBA DFS Ownership Projections: Night Slate