Saturday, June 19, brings a nail-biter with one team wrapping up their season tonight. Let’s look at the Nets vs. Bucks player pool and discuss the top NBA DFS picks for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo lineups. Don’t forget to head over to the Awesemo NBA DFS home page for more great written daily fantasy basketball content, including the FREE NBA Deep Dive — the most in-depth article in the industry.
***Get a SNEAK PEEK with our free premium data, tools and content of the day, the Awesemo Premium Player Rankings.***
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks, Saturday, June 19th
Yahoo Play of the Day — Khris Middleton: Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 43.78 | DraftKings: 46.09
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 65.5% | FanDuel 27.7% | DraftKings 43.4%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $31 | FanDuel $13,500 | DraftKings $10,000
While the salary is appealing for Khris Middleton, it would be my fourth or fifth roster before he would land in either of the top two multiplier slots on Yahoo. Middleton is coming off hit best postseason game with 38 points, 10 rebounds, five assists and five steals in 42.5 minutes. We know he will be on the court for 40-plus minutes tonight and he should be in the mix for a double-double along with a handful of assists and north of 20 points.
Kevin Durant: Brooklyn Nets vs. Milwaukee Bucks
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 54.92 | DraftKings: 57.51
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 87.5% | FanDuel 60% | DraftKings 62.9%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $51 | FanDuel $16,500 | DraftKings $12,000
This one is for all the marbles and we should see Kevin Durant once again play 40-plus minutes with the season on the line. In Game 5 he played every minute, and that is in the realm of possibilities tonight as Brooklyn is favored by less than a bucket. James Harden was doing everything he could to not aggravate his hamstring injury, and while he managed to play a tick shy of 40 minutes, it was four steals that buoyed his fantasy performance — and nothing that he did took away from Durant, who had a postseason high 30 field-goal attempts.
Giannis Antetokounmpo: Milwaukee Bucks at Brooklyn Nets
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Point Projections: Yahoo and FanDuel: 64.19 | DraftKings: 66.87
- Awesemo’s Preliminary Rostered Projections: Yahoo 92.5% | FanDuel 83.7% | DraftKings 83.4%
- DFS Salary: Yahoo $54 | FanDuel $16,000 | DraftKings $12,200
Tonight is a prove-it game and I don’t mean just for the teams taking the court. There are still enough DFS gamers getting cute in the small-field tournaments on Yahoo with 100 or less entries that are not starting their lineups with both Giannis Antetokounmpo and Durant in the top two multiplier slots. We have seen this matchup six times over the last fortnight and that takes out all the guesswork. The core players for each team are going to see 40-plus minutes with the superstars approaching 45-plus minutes. Sometimes the best decision really is the most obvious choice.
Yahoo Daily Fantasy Basketball Discount Dandies
- Jeff Green, $14: Once again Green supplanted Bruce Brown and Nicolas Claxton in the rotation as a wing and de facto co-center with Durant and Blake Griffin. Even though he is clearly not 100% after missing the bulk of this series with a foot issue, he is still a core option on Yahoo.
- Blake Griffin, $15: Even with Joe Harris ($13) now cheaper than Griffin, it is hard to pass him. Harris will be resigned to taking 3-point attempts while Griffin at least will have some rebounding opportunities along with 8 to 10 field-goal attempts.
- Landry Shamet, $10: Shamet saw 22.1 minutes backing up Joe Harris and then Griffin in the second half. Sadly, he had only one bucket and one turnover, though the minutes were encouraging, and if he gets a steal or a couple of rebounds he could easily land in the optimal lineup on Yahoo.
- Pat Connaughton, $10: Connaughton produced a real stinker in Game 6, missing every field-goal attempt and finishing with a pair of rebounds despite playing nearly 22 minutes. Go right back to the well tonight and know that a 20-fantasy-point game is well within the realistic range of outcomes.
- P.J. Tucker, $10: Tucker played a series-high 34.5 minutes in Game 6, and he chipped a handful of rebounds along with a couple of defensive stats. Though he may go scoreless in any game, he is at least going to be on the court for the bulk of the action and, as we saw in Games 1 and 4, he can luck into being a necessary component for victorious lineups.
- Bryn Forbes, $10: Forbes should continue to get 10 to 12 minutes mostly as a replacement for Tucker when the Bucks are looking for some offense.
Final Thoughts on the Saturday, June 19 NBA DFS Slate
Have realistic expectations on the single-game slates, and while the giant tournaments are fun, the smaller-field contests can be lucrative with fewer lineup duplications. Keep in mind that salaries and scoring formats differ across the various fantasy sites, and a slam-dunk play on Yahoo may be a below-average NBA DFS pick on DraftKings or FanDuel.
NBA DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections (FREE TODAY)
NBA DFS Projections for No House Advantage | FREE
NBA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo and No House Advantage Daily Fantasy
Awesemo’s NBA DFS Rankings
NBA DFS Boom/Bust Probability
NBA DFS Ownership Projections: Showdown & Single-Game
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (FREE TRIAL)
NBA Data Central