Wednesday has a massive 11-game slate, which means there’s no time to waste up top. Let’s dig right into the NBA DFS picks and strategies I hope elevate us to the top of the DraftKings and FanDuel leaderboards.
Be sure to check out the Slate Starter podcast, featuring yours truly and Rynpak, to get the first look at the slate and make NBA DFS picks for DraftKings and FanDuel!
NBA DFS Slate Starter: Picks & Strategy | March 24
The Trade Deadline: The Real March Madness
For those of you who haven’t had the honor of an insane trade deadline experience and its real-time ramifications for NBA DFS, saddle up. The dust will have settled before Thursday’s slate since the March 25, 3 p.m. EST deadline will have passed, but no such luck for Wednesday. I cannot stress enough the importance of tracking the rumblings with the help of Newzgod at the @AwesemoNBA Twitter handle. We will also have three consecutive hours on the Awesemo YouTube channel leading up to lock; if there was ever a slate to stay glued to it, this is the one.
Now, there will no doubt be some names I don’t even have on my radar that end up getting moved in the next 36 hours. It’s going to be brutal if it happens after their game locks, but that’s the nature of this slate. Therefore, to give our news antenna a little workout, I thought it’d be a useful exercise to compile a list of every organization on this slate known to be involved in aggressive trade talks. So without further ado, here are those teams, the pieces they’re looking at moving, and a little information on each situation based on an excessive amount of podcast listening/internet scouring/use of common sense:
- Houston — Victor Oladipo turned down a massive two-year deal to be a part of the Rockets’ future, believing he could secure more years and money in free agency come the offseason. That makes him expendable to a team coming off a 20-game losing streak and looking to build around the core of John Wall and Christian Wood. Be ready to fire those two up should Oladipo depart before tip.
- Orlando — Aaron Gordon demanded a trade on Monday, which I’m sure anyone who rostered him on Tuesday wish would’ve happened then and there. It sounds like the Celtics are an interested party, and they’re on the slate as well.
- Toronto — Kyle Lowry and Norman Powell sound like they could be on the outs in Toronto. That game locks at 7:30 p.m. EST, so expect massive minutes or a massive overhaul of this roster that opens up the entire team to be rostered in your NBA DFS lineups.
- Cleveland — Kevin Love and JaVale McGee both make a ton of sense to get moved. Where that ends up being I have a no earthly idea. But after snagging Jarrett Allen, I can’t imagine there’s much reason to keep either around to waste away playing minutes in the teens.
- Dallas — Kristaps Porzingis has been involved in trade talks for quite some time, specifically with the Warriors. His production has ramped down in recent games, which could be a sign of things to come.
- Atlanta — John Collins is set to become an unrestricted free agent in the offseason, so why not get something/anything for him now if you’re Atlanta? If the Hawks are realists, he will get shipped; if they’re extreme eternal optimists who think a .0001% chance to compete in the East is good enough, he stays.
- San Antonio — LaMarcus Aldridge is already being held out in order to be moved, but there have been DeMar DeRozan rumblings of late too. Other ancillary pieces being thrown into those packages wouldn’t be surprising.
- Oklahoma City — Al Horford. I could probably stop right here and you’d know what I mean. This roster isn’t going anywhere, so get old man Horford on a contender and get 21-year-old Moses Brown on the court for extended minutes.
- Chicago — Anyone and everyone on this roster has to be considered a trade target. The Bulls are a massive market, but full of below-average pieces in disarray since Coby White and Wendell Carter Jr. have been demoted for whatever reason. Lauri Markkanen is the logical trade target since he didn’t re-sign this offseason.
- Sacramento — Similar to the Bulls, everything has to be on the table for the Kings before Thursday afternoon. Marvin Bagley would’ve been ideal to move had he not broken his hand, but here we are. Harrison Barnes sticks out as the expensive, move-him-if-you-can target.
- Los Angeles Clippers — Lastly, the Clippers have to do something. This is their window to win a championship, especially with the Lakers’ Anthony Davis and LeBron James on the shelf for who knows how long. Point guard is certainly a hole on this team, so be on the lookout for the likes of Lou Williams, Reggie Jackson or Patrick Beverley to be on the move in order to upgrade.
Latest NBA DFS Content
- The Deep Dive: NBA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel | Tuesday, 7/20
- NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks for Tuesday, July 20th | Giannis Antetokounmpo
- 📽️ FanDuel Picks: The NBA ConTENders NBA DFS Rankings with Devin Booker | Tonight, 7/20
- DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet: NBA Finals Game 6 Picks for Daily Fantasy Basketball Lineups | Milwaukee Bucks vs. Phoenix Suns 7/20/21
- NBA Fantasy: Top PrizePicks Predictions for Suns vs. Bucks Finals Game 6 Tonight
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Final Thoughts for Your NBA DFS Lineups
Whew, that was a lot of work. I hope it helps, as today is unlike any other we’ll encounter the rest of the way home this season. And let it be known: There will be a team I haven’t listed on this slate that will be an active participant in some capacity tomorrow, so be prepared. It’s been awfully quiet on the trade front up to this point, but trust me when I say it’s just the calm before the storm.
- There are 22 teams in action, so building stars-and-scrubs lineups in tournaments isn’t just a decent idea for this slate, but most likely a necessity. Alex Baker’s projections are the best in the game, so be sure to keep refreshing up to lock to account for the news that’s bound to flood in.
- I’d break down all of my favorite plays right now, but I’ve realized on these massive double-digit NBA DFS slates there’s just too much news I don’t have that will shape this slate (this one in particular).
- If you hate late swap, this definitely won’t be the slate for you. Stay by your computer because if it wasn’t emphasized enough in the 458 times I’ve brought it up today, there’s likely going to be a ridiculous amount of news to react to.
- Just play Luka Doncic.
Looking for more NBA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles, data, cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo NBA home page. Just click HERE.
NBA DFS Projections for No House Advantage | FREE
NBA DFS Boom/Bust Probability
NBA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo and No House Advantage Daily Fantasy
Awesemo’s NBA DFS Rankings
NBA Best Ball Rankings for Underdog and DraftKings
NBA Betting: NBA Player Props Tool (Free Trial)
The Deep Dive: NBA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel | Tuesday, 7/20
NBA DFS Picks: Building Blocks for Tuesday, July 20th | Giannis Antetokounmpo