Awesemo’s NBA Tournament Bracket Challenge (March 2020)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PLAY OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. U.S. LAW AND LOCAL LAWS AS APPLICABLE IN EACH JURISDICTION GOVERN THIS CHALLENGE.
- ELIGIBILITY: Awesemo’s NBA Tournament Bracket Challenge (the “Challenge”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and Washington, D.C., United Kingdom, and Canada (excluding Quebec), who are eighteen (18) years or older, or age of majority in their jurisdiction, whichever is older, as of the first day of the Challenge Period (defined below). Employees and contractors of (i) Awesemo.com LLC or (ii) any entity directly connected with the development, implementation or marketing of this Challenge, and the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) or household members of each such employee or contractor are not eligible. This Challenge is void in all U.S. Territories (e.g., Guam and Puerto Rico), all foreign territories not specifically included herein, and where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations.
- ACCEPT OFFICIAL RULES: Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these official rules (the “Official Rules”) and to Sponsor’s (defined herein) decisions. The decisions of the Sponsor in regards to all matters of this Challenge are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- SPONSOR; ADDRESS: This Challenge is sponsored by Awesemo.com LLC (the “Sponsor”), 20 W. Kinzie Street, Suite 17005, Chicago, IL 60654. No other entity, including but not limited to, Apple Inc., Google, Inc., and each of their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, including YouTube, is endorsing, sponsoring, or otherwise affiliated with this Challenge in any manner.
- ENTRY PAGE: To access the Challenge, log-on to Awesemo.com’s web page at https://www.awesemo.com/nba2k
- AWESEMO.COM REGISTRATION: To play the Challenge, you must be a registered member of Awesemo.com. Registration is free.
- Not yet a member: You may register by clicking on the applicable link on the Awesemo.com site and following the instructions. You may be asked to provide your e-mail address (collectively “User Information”) and to select a username and password.
- Already a Member. If you are already a member of Awesemo.com then you do not need to register again. You may enter the Challenge by logging in on Awesemo.com with your current username and password.
- Password. You are responsible for the secrecy of your password. Sponsor or other third parties are not responsible or liable for any actions taken using your password.
- TIMING: The Challenge begins on March 16, 2020 at approximately 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends April 6, 2020 at approximately 11:59pm ET (the “Challenge Period”).
- HOW TO ENTER.
- Enter Online/Awesemo.com Site. Two contest types will be available: (1) Daily Contests and (2) the Bracket Challenge contest. These contest types are collectively referred to as the “Challenge” or the “Contests.”
Daily Contests: these will run from March 16, 2020 through April 6, 2020. Each Daily Contest involves answering questions specific to the game being played that day. The users who answer the most questions correctly will be eligible to win daily prizes. You can enter Daily Contests at the following link: https://awesemo.com/nba2k-daily-challenges
Bracket Challenge: this will run from March 23, 2020 through April 6, 2020 and involves predicting the winners of 15 simulated games. You can enter the Bracket Challenge contest at the following link: https://awesemo.com/nba2k-bracket
For verification purposes, participants must include their birth date and country of residence when entering the Daily Contests and the Bracket Challenge.
As part of the Bracket Challenge, users may also enter a League. On the Entry Form, users can enter a league name and then share that exact league name with their friends. You may only enter one (1) League. If you wish to switch your League, simply resubmit your bracket with the same email address and all the information associated with your prior entry, including the League name, will be overwritten. The highest entry in the Bracket Challenge, who is a member of a League, will win $3,000, divided equally among all League members. In order to qualify for this $3,000 prize, the League must have five (5) or more users.
More details regarding the Daily Contests and the Bracket Challenge can be found throughout these Official Rules.
- LIMIT ONE (1) ENTRY FOR THE BRACKET CHALLENGE AND ONE (1) ENTRY FOR EACH DAILY CONTEST (i) PER PERSON (REGARDLESS OF THE NUMBER OF EMAIL ADDRESSES OR REGISTERED MEMBER ACCOUNTS), or (ii) PER EMAIL ADDRESS (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER MORE THAN ONE PERSON USES THE SAME EMAIL ADDRESS).
- Void. Use of any automated system (e.g., robots, automatic, macro, programmed or like entry methods) is prohibited. Any attempt by any entrant to use an automated system or to obtain more than one (1) entry in each Contest by using multiple/different email addresses, identities or any other methods, will void all of that entrant’s entries, and render that person ineligible to receive any of the prizes. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered are void.
- Change of Email Address. It is the sole responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor during the Challenge Period if his or her e-mail address changes. To do so, go to the Account Information section on Awesemo.com to update your email address.
- Entry Errors. 1) Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified. 2) Sponsor is not responsible for any unavailability of or interruptions to any service or equipment used in connection with the Challenge, including without limitation (1) interruptions to any network, server, Internet, website, telephone, satellite, computer or other connections (2) failures of any telephone, satellite, hardware, software or other equipment, (3) garbled, misdirected or jumbled transmissions, or traffic congestion, or (4) other errors of any kind, whether human, technical, mechanical or electronic, or (5) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture any such information.
- No Return of Entries; Disputed. Once submitted, entries become the sole property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. In the event of a dispute, the authorized account holder at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. Potential winners may be required to show proof of identification, and Sponsor may require that the potential winner provide proof that his/her identification matches the User Information associated with the winning entry (both at the time of entry and at the time of verification of a potential winner). SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY ANY POTENTIAL WINNER IF IT DETERMINES, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, THAT ANY USER INFORMATION WAS CHANGED OR FALSIFIED IN ORDER TO MEET ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS.
- All Entries must comply with YouTube’s Community Guidelines and those which do not will be disqualified. You can find YouTube’s Community Guidelines here: http://www.youtube.com/t/community_guidelines.
- HOW TO PLAY. For the Daily Contests, you will be required to provide answers to ten (10) or more questions relating to that day’s simulated game. Those with either the most total correct answers or the most total points based on correct answers (as specified on the Daily Contest page) will be eligible to win prizes. For the Bracket Challenge, populate your Entry Bracket with your Picks and submit your Entry Brackets into the Challenge. Note that the “play-in” games, scheduled for the week of March 16, 2020, are not included in the brackets, and do not count towards a Player’s scores in the Bracket Challenge.You have until sometime prior to the published tip-off time of the first Bracket Challenge game on March 23, 2020 (the “Entry Deadline”) to create your Entry Bracket, complete your Picks, complete the Tie-Breaker Answers, and make revisions to your Entry Bracket.You will also be asked to predict what the final score will be for each team participating in the championship game of the Bracket Challenge (the “Championship Game”). Your prediction for the winning team’s score is referred to as your “Winning Team Score”; your prediction for the losing team’s score is referred to as your “Losing Team Score.” Your Winning Team Score and Losing Team Score are collectively referred to as your “Tiebreaker Answers”. The Tiebreaker Answers are optional, but will be used in the event there is a tie between two or more Players for any Prize offered in connection with this Contest; refer to Rule 9 below for more information. All registration information, final Entry Bracket selections, and Picks must be received by the close of the Entry Period. A user who has submitted the foregoing materials in keeping with the deadlines described in these Official Rules, and who is otherwise in full compliance with the eligibility restrictions and all other provisions of these Official Rules, is referred to as a “Player”.
- PRIZES AND TIEBREAKERS: The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of all prizes for the bracket challenge is: $18,000. Prizes for the Daily Contests will vary from day to day as set out on the contest page.
Prize: Twenty (20) games are scheduled to be simulated in connection with the Daily Contests between March 16, 2020 and April 6, 2020. Fifteen (15) of those simulated games—those taking place between March 23, 2020 and April 6, 2020—will also determine the outcome of the Bracket Challenge. The results of the Daily Contests and Bracket Challenge shall be deemed final based on the results of the simulated games. The verified Player whose single, validly submitted Challenge Bracket receives the highest score among all valid Challenge Brackets properly submitted for participation in the Contest will win ten-thousand dollars ($10,000), payable in a lump sum by check (the “Grand Prize”). The second and third highest scoring entries will receive yearly Platinum subscriptions to Awesemo.com (each valued at $999.95). The fourth through 14th highest scoring entries will receive a monthly Platinum subscription to Awesemo.com (each valued at $89.95). The 15th through 85th highest scoring entries will receive a weekly Platinum subscription to Awesemo.com (each valued at $29.95). In addition, as outlined above, the highest entry in the Bracket Challenge, who is a member of a League, will win $3,000, divided equally among all League members. In order to qualify for this $3,000 prize, the League must have five (5) or more users. The prizes for each Daily Contest will be laid out on the Daily Contest page at the following link: https://awesemo.com/nba2k-bracket-contest
In the event that two (2) or more entrants are tied the following tiebreakers will take place in the indicated order:
- As outlined in Section 8, each Entry includes a tiebreaker, which is the combined total of points of the Championship Game. The entry which is closest to the combined total shall be deemed the winner.
- If two teams have the same tiebreaker total, the second tiebreaker shall be the total number of wins picked throughout the Challenge.
- If it still remains a tie, a random drawing will be conducted by Sponsor to determine the winner.
- POTENTIAL WINNERS:
- Verification. ALL POTENTIAL WINNING PLAYS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL. SPONSOR SHALL SOLELY DETERMINE ANY FORM OF VERIFICATION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY AND THE POTENTIAL WINNING ENTRY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS, AFFIDAVITS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY ENTRY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON MAY BE DEEMED A DEFECTIVE ENTRY AND VOID.
- Prize Restrictions. No assignment, transfer, or substitution of prize is permitted, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the prize if prize becomes unavailable.
- Prize Taxes. All federal, state or other tax liabilities arising from this Challenge are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Pre-Verification. In addition to the verification procedures for winners and potential winners, entrants may be subject to “pre-verification” by Sponsor. Sponsor may contact entrants via email sent to the email address with which entrant registered, seeking pre-verification of entrant’s eligibility, and requesting contact information or other information from such entrant.
- “Prize Notice” via Email or Mail. Winners will be notified via email sent within 30-days following the end of the Challenge Period. Entrants are responsible for insuring that all e-mail information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Alternate Potential Winners; Disqualification. A potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner may be selected if (i) he/she does not comply with these Official Rules (or is otherwise determined to be ineligible), (ii) he/she does not respond to the prize notice within ten (10) days of its transmission (or receipt, if mailed), or if the emailed prize notice, after three (3) attempts, is returned as undeliverable, (iii) the person fails to comply with other rules set by the Game Administrator; or (iv) the prize is undeliverable for any reason. If Sponsor notifies, or seeks to deliver a prize to or otherwise attempts to contact an alternate potential winner, and such alternate potential winner is subsequently disqualified then Sponsor shall use its reasonable business judgment to determine, in its sole discretion, the disposition of the prizes (e.g., may choose another alternate potential winner in a manner consistent with these rules or donate the prize to another entity, at its sole discretion).
- Releases and Affidavits. As a condition of receiving a prize, potential winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and, except where prohibited, a Publicity Release, within fifteen (15) days of the date stated on the prize notice.
- Release. By participating in this Challenge or receiving a prize, entrants (and in particular, winners) agree to release and to indemnify and hold harmless Sponsor and YouTube, and each of their respective related companies, and all of its or their company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) for any liability, injury, death, loss or damages to entrant or any person or entity, including without limitation damage to personal or real property, caused in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, by participation in this Challenge (or related activities) or the acceptance, possession or use/misuse of a prize (including any travel or activity related to the prize).
- Publicity. Except where prohibited, participation in this Challenge constitutes entrant’s (and in particular, winner’s) consent to Sponsor and its or their agents’ use of entrant’s name, likeness, voice, opinions and biographical information for publicity, advertising, trade or promotional purposes in any media or manner, now known or hereafter devised, worldwide, without further payment, consideration, notice or approval.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION:
- Conduct. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Challenge and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these Official Rules, or acts in a disruptive or unsportsmanlike manner. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may lock out an entrant who, in Sponsor’s sole judgment, has been disqualified, has questionable eligibility or is otherwise ineligible to enter. CAUTION: A PERSON WHO ATTEMPTS DELIBERATELY TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CHALLENGE OR TO ALTER OR DAMAGE A WEBSITE MAY BE SUBJECT TO CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PENALTIES AND FINES; AND SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Incidents. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor may modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Challenge if, in the Sponsor’s sole opinion, an incident of any kind occurs to corrupt or impair the administration, security, integrity, fairness or play (as intended) of the Challenge, including without limitation: (a) viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, fraud or technical failure; or (b) earthquake, flood, fire, storm or other natural disaster, act of God; or (c) labor controversy or threat thereof, civil disturbance or commotion, disruption of the public markets, war or armed conflict (whether or not officially declared).
- Cancellation. In the event of a cancellation or termination, prizes may be awarded in any manner deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
- Skill Test. Canadian residents who are potential winners may be required to answer a mathematical skill test in order to be eligible to win any prize.
- GAMBLING PROHIBITION: This Challenge is strictly for entertainment purposes and may not be used in connection with any form of gambling. This Challenge is not to be considered a contest subject to odds or any type of random selection of winners.
- LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Promotion or prizes, and are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, hardware, software or programming associated or used with the Challenge; (2) technical errors, defects, delays or failures of any kind, including without limitation malfunctions, interruptions or disconnections in communications lines, Internet or website access, hardware or software; (3) digital or electronic disruptions, e.g., viruses; (4) unauthorized human intervention, e.g., hacking; (5) technical or human error which may occur in connection with any aspect of the Challenge; and (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Challenge, access to, copying or downloading materials from Awesemo.com or any other website, or receipt or use of any prize.
- DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Challenge or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by state or federal courts situated in Cook County, Illinois; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) no punitive, incidental, special, consequential or other damages, including without limitation lost profits may be awarded (collectively, “Special Damages”), and (4) entrant hereby waives all rights to claim Special Damages and all rights to have such damages multiplied or increased. Illinois law, without reference to Illinois’ choice of law rules, governs the Challenge and all aspects related thereto, the participants expressly waiving any other forum that they may be entitled to in light of their current or future domiciles.
- OFFICIAL RULES; WINNERS LISTS: For a copy of the Official Rules and/or list of winners, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope (Residents of VT may omit return postage) to the address below. Requests must be received within thirty (30) days following the end of the Challenge.
Awesemo’s NBA Tournament Bracket Challenge
c/o Awesemo.com, LLC
20 W. Kinzie Street, Suite 17005
Chicago, IL 60654