For more analysis on the slate, check out Jake Hari’s Projections page as well as Awesemo’s NHL Player and Stack Rankings. And you can subscribe to the Awesemo.com YouTube Channel to get notifications when “Hit The Ice” (4ET Weekdays) goes live!
As well, Jake Hari has a new Cheatsheets article out for Premium members, featuring some of his top owned plays in each price range.
And you can follow me on Twitter, @Nolan__Kelly
Use promo code LINECHANGES for 50% off your first month at Awesemo.com. Start your trial now!
Just a reminder that Saturdays are always a little weird to predict. Double check those pre-game line rushes if you’re around your lineups a half hour before game time.
- Stamkos and Kucherov have been reunited for tonight’s game, skating alongside Ondrej Palat. Point centres Johnson and Gourde. TB1 has full PP correlation.
- Nick Bjugstad is off PIT1, replaced by Bryan Rust. He centres PIT2 with Pearson and Kessel. Malkin is still out.
- Derick Brassard is up on FLA1 with Barkov and Dadonov. Vatrano moves down to FLA2 and Sheahan centres Sceviour and Hoffman on FLA3.
- Karlsson-Smith-Marchessault were reunited last game and it looks like they’ll stick together tonight. Zykov is down on VGS3 with Eakin and Lindberg.
- Andrew Shaw returns from IR tonight and will replace Matthew Peca on MTL2. Peca is out.
- TB1 gets rare full PP correlation tonight.
- Florida has been kinda meh lately and these changes weaken the top line a bit, but matchups don’t get any better than at Washington, who are allowing the most scoring chances against in the NHL over their last 10 games.
- VGS1 is way too cheap. They’re an excellent value play tonight. Vegas on the whole due for some positive regression. They rank first in the NHL in HDCF over the past 10 games, but 25th in HDGF.
The little news
- Anton Stralman is out for the Lightning tonight. Cernak and Sergachev are in.
- Matt Benning is out for the Oilers tonight. Kevin Gravel draws in.
- Colby Cave is out for EDM, Kyle Brodziak in. Try not to get too excited.
High recent 5v5 ice-time
Low recent 5v5 ice-time
No Vancouver line above 12%
MTL PP1/2 is a 50/50 split
Last 10 games, chances for stats P/60 (Best lines bolded):
CGY1: 20 SCF, 8.2 HDCF
CGY2: 28 SCF, 13.4 HDCF
TB1: 42 SCF, 16.31 HDCF
PIT1: 41.2 SCF, 17.8 HDCF
WAS1: 36.17 SCF, 14.47 HDCF
WAS2: 26.9 SCF, 9.96 HDCF
SJS1: 31.28 SCF, 15.1 HDCF
SJS2: 29.82 SCF, 10.14 HDCF
SJS3: 16.6 SCF, 10.26 HDCF
EDM1 (full season): 26.3 SCF, 8.11 HDCF
FLA2 (full season): 32 SCF, 8.28 HDCF
CBJ1: 33.46 SCF, 14.26 HDCF
CBJ2 full season): 25 SCF, 10 HDCF
CBJ3 (full season: 27 SCF, 14.73 HDCF
VGS1 (15 games): 37 SCF, 14.71 HDCF
VGS2: 37 SCF, 18.93 HDCF
TOR3: 49.7 DCF, 7.27 HDCF
TOR2: 34 SCF, 7 HDCF
TOR1: 38 SCF, 12 HDCF
MTL1: 26 SCF, 11.79 HDCF
MTL2 no Andrew Shaw: 33 SCF, 15 HDCF