Hey, thanks, for stopping by. Please feel free to give this article a like or share on Twitter, or sign up for a premium package on Awesemo.com. If you just want to try it out, use promo code “NEWSANDNOTES” for a free week.
You can follow me on Twitter for more up to date info as news breaks throughout the afternoon.
Lot’s of important info for this six-game slate, so let’s get into it,
The BIG news
- Patrik Laine has been moved back to the Jets second line with Bryan Little and Kyle Connor. Connor and Laine are on the PP1.
- Evgeny Kuznetsov AND TJ Oshie are out tonight for the Caps. Lars Eller centres Ovie and Wilson, Burakovsky moves up to the second line. Both Wilson and Eller are expected to be on the PP1.
- The Ducks have placed Cam Fowler on IR. Brandon Montour takes his role on the PP1. However, it was Lindholm and the PP2 that saw the most ice time their last game out.
- Rasmus Dahlin is back on the Buffalo PP1, replacing Ristolainen. Patrik Berglund takes over for Kyle Okposo as well.
- The Bruins D-corps is depleted, with Chara, McAvoy, Miller and Carlo out tonight. They’re expected to start two defencemen making their NHL debut in Jakub Zboril and Connor Clifton – unless Miler can go. At any rate, bump up the Stars.
- Obviously WAS1 is lacking some firepower, but they’re going to be cheap as all hell tonight and all three are on the PP1. I don’t mind firing them up in a few lineups. Eller and Wilson are below $4600 on both sites.
- Montour and Dahlin are solid bets for bargain basement defecenmen tonight, along with Jokiharju.
- WPG2 will get half to a third of the ownership of WPG1 and have the worse matchup of the top-two Jets lines, but I still like them as a cheaper option tonight.
The little news
- The Stars bottom-nine is a mess right now. Loads of in-game shuffling. Currently, Spezza is in between Janmark and Ritchie. I can’t say I’d roster any of them, though.
- Mathieu Perreault is on the Jets 4th Copp-Lowry-Tanev form the third.
- Carl Hagelin makes his Kings debut alongside Adrian Kempe and Matt Luff on the third line.
- Nothing here to get excited about.
Obviously, you can almost always stack a team’s best PP1 QB with the rest of the PP1, but occasionally there are some pivots you can make for large tournaments, based on total ice-time together. Provorov last night, for example, and a few options from today’s slate:
- Trouba and Morrisey with WPG1. 13 mins of ice-time, compared to 7 minutes for Byfuglien last game.
- Johnson/Girard with COL1. 10-13 minutes with COL1 last game.
- Pieterangelo with STL1. 12 minutes, compared to 5 for PP QB Vince Dunn.
Highest implied totals
Lowest implied totals
St. Louis: 2.5
Highest 5v5 ice time
Lowest 5v5 ice time
Nothing below 20% for any of the top-two lines, recently.
📽️ The NHL DFS Strategy Show: Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel Today 1/21/22
NHL DFS Picks & Stacks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Dallas Stars & Nikita Kucherov 1/21/22
NHL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel
NHL DFS Top Stacks Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
DraftKings Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Aleksander Barkov 1/21/22
FanDuel Fantasy Hockey Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Sidney Crosby 1/21/22
NHL DFS Projections | Today’s Slate (FREE TODAY)
Awesemo’s Player and Stack NHL DFS Rankings