Thanks, as always for reading. Please feel free to give this a like or share on Twitter, or to sign up for a premium package on Awesemo.com. If you just want to try it out, use promo codes “NEWSANDNOTES” for a free week.
Only a three-game slate tonight, but loads of changes to keep up on.
Not a tonne of big news for the high implied total, top lines tonight. I’d expect that both TB1 and BOS1 will be the top owned combos tonight, with good reason. I can’t make an argument to get off either one of those lines – other than the fact that they’ll cost you a pretty penny, and come with ownership to boot.
Jaro Halak will be the chalkiest goalie. He’s reasonably priced and the Boeser-less Canucks are implied for .3 less goals than anyone else on the slate.
If you’re going with those top lines tonight, consider dipping down do some of Awesemo’s highly rated third-lines in his rankings. DFSers rarely look past the top-six, but doing so can pay large dividends in GPPs (see: Sissions, Colton, last night).
- Brady Tkachuk returns from injury and will slot in with Tierney and Ryan on OTT2. Boedker moves down to OTT3. He is still listed as on the DL on both sites.
- Cody Eakin takes Erik Haula’s spot on VGS2. Alex Tuch is back on the PP1, William Karlsson is off.
- Svechnikov is off CAR1, back to his spot on the third line. Teravainen appears to be out of the doghouse, with Aho and Ferland.
- Brandon Saad is off CHI1. Kahun takes his spot. PPs are being shuffled.
- Joe Thornton is off SJS1. Pavelski centres Kane and Donskoi.
- Eric Staal is back in on MIN1 with Coyle and Greenway.
A few of these big changes actually happened before line rushes last game, so your likely not going to catch anyone off guard with unique stacks. VGS2 is viable as a cheap, contrarian option, with two players on the PP1 now.
- Brock Boeser is out again for the Canucks. Lines are the same.
- Frank Vatrano is on FLA2, Mike Hoffman on FLA1
- Ty Rattie is back up on EDM1, in case you missed the news from last game. Cagguila on EDM3.
- Charles Hudon is off MTL2. Andrew Shaw takes his place alongside Drouin and Domi. Kenny Agostino is on MTL3.
- Reinhart moves up to BUF2 with Sobotka and Rodrigues, Okposo to BUF3 with Mittlestadt and Sheary. Joel Armia is out.
- Denis Gurianov is on DAL2, Radulov is still out. Check lines before puck drop – they’ve been changing during line rushes.
- Alex Goal-a-game-ski is a GTD.
- Tomas Hertl is a GTD.
Nothing too exciting here. BUF2 is in play. Definitely watch those Dallas Line rushes if you have a late swap in. Or just stack DAL PP1.
The Canucks are likely in trouble, but if you want a mini-stack that no one is going to own for large GPPs, Elias Pettersson and Jakob Markstrom. Not for the faint of heart, but I don’t mind it as a one-off if you’re entering a tonne of Boston lineups, just to cover those bases.
Highest implied totals
Tampa Bay Lightning (-215, 3.6, vs. Islanders)
Boston Bruins (-260, 3.5, vs. Canucks)
Florida Panthers (-148, 3.3, vs. Oilers)
Philadelphia Flyers (3.2 vs. Coyotes)
Lowest implied totals
Vancouver Canucks (2.1, @Bruins)
New York Islanders (2.4, @Lightning)
Ottawa Senators (2.5 vs. Vegas -162)
Buffalo Sabres (2.6, @Habs)
5v5 recent high ice-time correlation
DAL1: 33% (likely broken up)
5v5 recent low ice-time correlation
D-stacking (based on recent TOI together)
Mcdonagh with TB2 (12 min TOI vs. 6 min TOI with TB1)
Krug with BOS1
Chabot with OTT1
Miller with VGS1
Klingberg with Benn-Seguin (especially if they’re on a line together: 17 mins last game)
LA: Martinez and Muzzin with LA1, Doughty with LA2.
CAR: Faulk with CAR1, Hamilton/Slavin with CAR2
Advice: Some interesting combinations here. My usual tendency would be to stack McDonagh with TB1 because of their PP1 usage. A TB2 stack with makes for a nice pivot on TB1. Krug is probably your safest bet for high implied total ice-time and goal correlation.
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | David Pastrnak 10/20/21
FanDuel Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Patrice Bergeron 10/20/21
NHL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel
NHL DFS Top Stacks Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
NHL DFS Projections | Today’s Slate (FREE TODAY)
Awesemo’s Player and Stack NHL DFS Rankings
📽️ The NHL DFS Strategy Show: Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel Today 10/19/21
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Nathan MacKinnon 10/19/21