***REMINDER*** lineups lock an hour early tonight on DraftKings. No idea why they didn’t just go with a three-game slate, or why there’s a game scheduled for 3/6 oclock. Something called “Nevada Day.”
Tampa Bay Lightning @ Vegas Golden Knights (-102)
The lock of the year Golden Knights couldn’t take care of the AHL Canucks two nights ago. Tonight they’ll get a slightly tougher matchup versus Tampa Bay.
Tampa Bay: 2.8 implied total
No major changes. Stacking Tampa is still a mess right now, with a single forward from each of their lines on the PP1. TB2 was shuffled last game.
Last game 5v5: TB1: 28% TB2: 15% TB3: 17%. PP1: 62% PP2: 38%
D-stacking: Hedman with TB2. Stralman/McDonagh with TB1
Vegas Golden Knights: 2.8 implied tota
Alex Tuch made his season debut and proceed to fall all over the ice last game (he literally tripped seven times). But at least Patches got off the schneid.
- The Brad Hunt powerplay experiment is over – Shea Theodore takes over his rightful spot on the PP1.
VGS1: 32% VGS2: 22% VGS3 16%.
D-stacking. Tough to use previous games as an indicator, but generally, Colin Miller takes more shifts with VGS2, while Theodore gets more ice time with VGS1.
Winnipeg Jets (-160) @ Detroit Red Wings
The Jets new look top line flamed out against the Leafs, so Paul Maurice has switched them up again. The underachieving Jets get a crack at righting the ship against the worst team in the NHL. The Wings lines have been shuffled again (shocker).
Winnipeg Jets: 3.4 implied total
- Nikolaj Ehlers takes over for Patrick Laine on the top line. Laine moves back to his usual spot on WPG2.
- Both Daily Faceoff and LW lock have Josh Morrissey on the PP1, and they had him there before last game too, but it was Byfuglien who saw all the action. That could be a huge advantage if they don’t update.
D-stacking: Buffy with WPG1 and PP1.
PP1: 67% PP2: 35%
Detroit Red Wings: 2.6 implied total
- Here are your new Red Wings lines: DET1: Bertuzzi-Larkin-Helm DET2: Athanasiou-Nielson-Vanek DET3: Nyquist-Glendening-Mantha.
- Mike Green is set to make his season debut and is expected to start on the PP1 with Nyquist, Larkin, Bertuzzi and Frk. Dean Cholowski moves down to the PP2.
San Jose Sharks at Carolina Hurricanes (-110)
The two early season stats darlings face-off, in corsi-lovers dream tonight in Raleigh.
Carolina Hurricanes: 3.1 implied total
No major changes
CAR1: 20% CAR2: 24% CAR3: 20%
PP1: 88% PP2: 12%
San Jose Sharks: 3.0 implied total
No major changes
SJ1: 24% SJ2: 26% SJ3: 17%. PPs: All over the place. Three and four man PP units, alternating and sometimes combining Burns and Karlsson.
D-stacking: Karlsson with SJ2, Burns with SJ1 (2-3 minute differentials).
Ottawa Senators @ Colorado Avalanche (-210)
The Sens travel out west in the most lopsided game of the night against the Avs. Expect that COL1 top line to be owned around 30-35% tonight. The sneaky GPP play is COL3.
Colorado Avalanche: 3.7 implied total
- New waiver acquisition Mark Dano takes over from Colin Wilson on the second line. Wilson moves to the fourth with Tyson Jost – who is still on the PP1 with the usual suspects.
COL1: 30% COL3: 22% PP1: 50% PP2: 50%
D-stacking: Barrie, Barrie, Barrie cant you see, sometimes your 50% ice-time with COL1 just hypnotizes me. Please report this column to the proper authorities.
Ottawa Senators: 2.5 implied total
No major changes. Guy Boucher shuffled like crazy in the Sens recent loss to Boston. Only the fourth line saw any kind of ice time together. Be aware if you’re contrarian-stacking.
D-stacking: Chabot with the top-six and PP1.
PP1: 70% PP2: 30$
Awesemo’s Player and Stack NHL DFS Rankings
NHL DFS Projections | Today’s Slate (FREE TODAY)
📽️ The NHL DFS Strategy Show: Picks for DraftKings + FanDuel Today 10/19/21
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Nathan MacKinnon 10/19/21
FanDuel Cheat Sheet: NHL DFS Picks Today | Elias Pettersson 10/19/21
NHL DFS Picks & Stacks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Oilers Stack & Alex Ovechkin 10/19/21
NHL DFS Top Stacks Tool for DraftKings and FanDuel
NHL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings and FanDuel