NBA fans were treated to a thrilling first game in this Western Conference Semifinals matchup. Buoyed by a heroic performance from Donovan Mitchell, the Utah Jazz claimed Game 1 over the Los Angeles Clippers on Tuesday. If the back-and-forth nature of that contest is any indication of what is in store going forward, this figures to be an epic playoff series. The Jazz will look to hold serve at home tonight, while Los Angeles attempts to avoid yet another 0-2 series deficit. This Clippers vs. Jazz NBA betting picks preview will explore the best NBA betting odds, provide some key betting trends and offer the top NBA picks and predictions for the game.
Clippers vs. Jazz Betting Preview: NBA Picks & Odds
Los Angeles Clippers (51-29, 24-16 Away) vs. Utah Jazz (57-21, 34-6 Home)
Date: Thursday, June 10, 2021
Start Time: 10 p.m. EST
Venue: Vivint Arena — Salt Lake City, Utah
Although Tuesday’s contest ended in defeat, the Clippers have to be encouraged about the team performance as a whole. It came as no shock that Kawhi Leonard and Paul George were once again at the forefront of the Clippers’ Game 1 efforts. Leonard led the team with 23 points, while George was just behind with 20 to go along with 10 rebounds. After Reggie Jackson was the most consistent third scoring option in the first round, it was a bit different in Game 1 against Utah. Jackson only played 17 minutes, while Luke Kennard logged 29 and scored 18 points in the process. Ivica Zubac rounded out the four Clippers who scored in double figures.
The Jazz found themselves short-handed to open a playoff series once again on Tuesday. Mike Conley was held out with a hamstring strain that he sustained in the first round. Although it certainly didn’t help to be down their veteran point guard, Utah still managed to rally and pull out a win. It took a truly special performance from Mitchell to do so. He continued what has been an epic postseason run with 45 points in the Game 1 win. While it wasn’t enough to cover the spread, the Jazz will gladly take the outright victory. Mitchell had help from Bojan Bogdanovic and Jordan Clarkson, who each supplied 18 points. Rudy Gobert notched a 10-point, 12-rebound double-double and also came up with the game-saving block in the final seconds.
Clippers vs. Jazz Betting NBA Picks + NBA Odds Shopping
Using Awesemo’s OddsShopper Tool, we can easily compare the NBA odds for Clippers vs. Jazz NBA Playoffs betting across the major sportsbooks. The odds outlined below are from 12 p.m. EST on June 10, so make sure to check out the OddsShopper tool yourself to get the most up-to-date odds.
The Latest Sports Betting Content from Awesemo Odds
- NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Khris Middleton Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/13
- The Finish Line: NASCAR Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds for 2021 All-Star Race | Ryan Newman
- MMA Betting: Prop Bets + Picks for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
- Jazz vs. Clippers NBA Betting Odds, Picks & Prediction for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
NBA Odds: Moneyline
- Clippers: (+130) — SugarHouse, PointsBet, DraftKings, William Hill
- Jazz: (-149) — PointsBet
NBA Odds: Spread
- Clippers: +3.5 (-110) — SugarHouse, DraftKings
- Jazz: -3 (-110) — FanDuel, PointsBet, William Hill
NBA Odds: Total
- Over: 221.5 (-110) — BetMGM
- Under: 223 (-110) — PointsBet
Clippers vs. Jazz NBA Betting Trends
- Clippers are 4-1 ATS in their last four road games against teams with a winning record at home.
- Jazz are 4-0 ATS in their last four games following an outright win.
- Jazz are 5-0 ATS in their last five playoff games as an NBA betting favorite.
- Under is 7-0-2 in the Clippers’ last nine Western Conference Semifinals games.
- Over is 8-1 in the Jazz’ last nine playoff games as an NBA betting favorite.
- Each of the last four Clippers vs. Jazz head-to-head matchups in Utah has gone under the total.
Clippers vs. Jazz Prediction
Both teams have a single player on their respective injury reports ahead of tonight’s game. Serge Ibaka will remain sidelined for the Clippers, while Conley is questionable to rejoin the lineup for the Jazz in Game 2. Los Angeles has to be feeling like they let one get away on Tuesday. The Clippers held a 13-point lead at halftime and simply had no answer for the incredible shooting display from Mitchell over the final 24 minutes.
Utah has only dropped six games on their home floor all season, but without Conley, a seventh defeat could very well be on the horizon this evening. Bettors are advised to wait as long as possible for the most updated news on his status before making their NBA betting picks. If he’s out, the plus-money odds on Clippers to win outright become very intriguing. Until then, playing under 223 is the best bet on the board.
Prediction: Under 223 and Clippers Moneyline (if Conley is ruled out)
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Check out the AwesemoOdds home page for more sports betting content, including more picks and predictions.
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Khris Middleton Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/13
The Finish Line: NASCAR Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds for 2021 All-Star Race | Ryan Newman
MMA Betting: Prop Bets + Picks for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
Jazz vs. Clippers NBA Betting Odds, Picks & Prediction for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Saturday, June 12, 2021
UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/21
Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021