After Thursday night’s results, there is now just one more first round series remaining up for grabs. Oddly enough, road teams have won each of the first five games in this Western Conference matchup between the Los Angeles Clippers and Dallas Mavericks. Can Los Angeles keep that streak alive to force a Game 7 on Sunday? This Clippers vs. Mavericks NBA betting picks preview will explore the best NBA betting odds, provide some key betting trends and offer the top NBA picks and predictions for the game.
Clippers vs. Mavericks NBA Betting Preview
Los Angeles Clippers (49-28, 23-15 Away) vs. Dallas Mavericks (45-31, 21-17 Home)
Date: Friday, June 4, 2021
Start Time: 9 p.m. EST
Venue: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
The back-and-forth nature of this series continued on Wednesday. After losing both Games 3 and 4 on their homecourt and squandering a 2-0 series lead, the Mavericks bounced back in a big way. It comes as no surprise that Luka Doncic was the shining star of Dallas’ Game 5 win. He finished with 42 points, a whopping 14 assists and eight rebounds. Only one other player scored in double figures: Tim Hardaway Jr. He finished with 20 points and seven rebounds. Although the Mavericks got the win, it’d be nice to see more players step up instead of relying so heavily on Doncic to carry the load.
Although the Clippers displayed a much more balanced attack in Game 5, they still could not get over the hump on their homecourt. Paul George led all players with 23 points and also grabbed 10 rebounds in a double-double effort. Kawhi Leonard and Reggie Jackson each had 20 points, while Marcus Morris and Nicolas Batum rounded out the five Clippers in double figures. Had Los Angeles managed to just contain Doncic better, they undoubtedly would have grabbed their first lead of the series. Even though they are in win-or-go-home mode, Los Angeles is pegged as the NBA betting favorite for tonight’s Game 6 matchup.
Clippers vs. Mavericks Betting NBA Picks + NBA Odds Shopping
Using Awesemo’s OddsShopper Tool, we can easily compare the NBA odds for Mavericks vs. Clippers NBA Playoffs betting across the major sportsbooks. The odds outlined below are from 9 a.m. EST on June 4, so make sure to check out the OddsShopper tool yourself to get the most up-to-date odds.
The Latest Sports Betting Content from Awesemo Odds
- MMA Betting Prop Bets for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
- UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
- MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/
- Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
NBA Odds: Moneyline
- Clippers: (-143) — SugarHouse, DraftKings
- Mavericks: (+130) — FanDuel
NBA Odds: Spread
- Clippers: -2.5 (-110) — William Hill
- Mavericks: +3.5 (-112) — FanDuel
NBA Odds: Total
- Over: 216.5 (-110) — William Hill
- Under: 217.5 (-109) — SugarHouse, DraftKings
Clippers vs. Mavericks NBA Betting Trends
- Clippers are just 2-6 ATS in their last eight road games.
- Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last five home games against teams with a road winning percentage of .600 or greater.
- Under is 9-2-2 in the Clippers’ last 13 playoff games as an NBA betting favorite.
- Over is 5-0 in the Mavericks’ last five games following an ATS win.
- Under is 21-5 in the Mavericks’ last 26 games as an NBA betting underdog.
- Clippers are 8-2 ATS in their last ten head-to-head matchups against the Mavericks in Dallas.
Clippers vs. Mavericks Prediction
The Mavericks may have taken Game 5, but they needed a next-level performance from Doncic to do so. The Clippers’ box score is far more exciting given that Leonard and George actually had more help from the supporting cast on Wednesday. Doncic is a phenomenal player, but expecting him to go for 40 twice in three days is a tall ask. Los Angeles will likely remain without Serge Ibaka tonight, but they have already shown they can win without him. In a series that has had nothing but road teams winning, why not ride with Los Angeles once again tonight? The total also feels a bit high given the defensive effort displayed on Wednesday night from both sides.
Prediction: Clippers -2.5, Under 217.5
To bet the under on the total, click the link below!
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Check out the AwesemoOdds home page for more sports betting content, including more picks and predictions.
MMA Betting Prop Bets for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/
Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
Ben Rasa’s Parlay of the Day: NBA & MMA Weekend Picks & Predictions | Friday, June 11, 2021
76ers vs. Hawks Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
Sports Betting 101: Intro To Bet Types