Perhaps it’s only fitting that one of the wackiest matchups in recent memory comes down to the two greatest words in sports: Game 7. After the Los Angeles Clippers survived on Friday, they will now host the Dallas Mavericks in a win-or-go-home affair on Sunday afternoon. This game marks the conclusion to the first round of the postseason and will whittle the field down to eight teams. This Mavericks vs. Clippers NBA betting picks preview will explore the best NBA betting odds, provide some key betting trends and offer the top NBA picks and predictions for the game.
Mavericks vs. Clippers NBA Betting Preview
NBA Western Conference Quarterfinals NBA Playoffs Game 7 (Series tied 3-3)
Dallas Mavericks (45-33, 24-15 Away) vs. Los Angeles Clippers (50-28, 26-13 Home)
Date: Sunday, June 6, 2021
Start Time: 3:30 p.m. EST
Venue: STAPLES Center – Los Angeles, Calif.
The Mavericks have now squandered leads of 2-0 and 3-2 in this series. The fact that they blew both on their home court makes it even more shocking. With road teams now winning all six games in this series, perhaps that is a good omen for Dallas ahead of Game 7. That said, winning a fourth consecutive game in STAPLES Center won’t be easy. It will likely take another heroic effort from Luka Doncic. After his monstrous Game 5, he nearly had another triple-double on Friday, finishing with 29 points, 11 assists and eight rebounds. Tim Hardaway Jr. stepped up in the scoring column for the second straight game, finishing with 23 points. Two other Mavericks players reached double figures, but neither of them was named Kristaps Porzingis. He continues to struggle mightily.
Kawhi Leonard has built a case for being considered among the NBA’s greatest playoff performers of all time. He put the entire Clippers franchise on his back in Game 6. Facing elimination, Leonard dropped 45 points while playing all but six minutes of the 7-point victory. Reggie Jackson came up huge once again for Los Angeles, scoring 25 points, grabbing nine rebounds and dishing out four assists. Paul George was also everywhere, finishing with 20 points, 13 boards and six assists. The Clippers are deserving NBA betting favorites for today’s decisive Game 7. Yet the fact that they are yet to win on their home floor this postseason remains boggling. Perhaps they will finally put that narrative to rest on Sunday.
Mavericks vs. Clippers Betting NBA Picks + NBA Odds Shopping
Using Awesemo’s OddsShopper Tool, we can easily compare the NBA odds for Mavericks vs. Clippers NBA Playoffs betting across the major sportsbooks. The odds outlined below are from 10 a.m. EST on June 6, so make sure to check out the OddsShopper tool yourself to get the most up-to-date odds.
The Latest Sports Betting Content from Awesemo Odds
- NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Khris Middleton Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/13
- The Finish Line: NASCAR Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds for 2021 All-Star Race | Ryan Newman
- MMA Betting: Prop Bets + Picks for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
- Jazz vs. Clippers NBA Betting Odds, Picks & Prediction for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
NBA Odds: Moneyline
- Mavericks: (+230) — William Hill
- Clippers: (-270) — FanDuel, William Hill
NBA Odds: Spread
- Mavericks: +6.5 (-110) — SugarHouse, BetMGM, PointsBet, DraftKings, William Hill
- Clippers: -6.5 (-105) — FanDuel
NBA Odds: Total
- Over: 210 (-112) — SugarHouse, DraftKings
- Under: 210.5 (-105) — PointsBet
Mavericks vs. Clippers NBA Betting Trends
- Mavericks are 5-0 ATS in their last five road games as an NBA betting underdog.
- Clippers are 5-1 ATS in their last five games when playing on one day’s rest.
- Clippers are 0-4 ATS in their last four home games as an NBA betting favorite.
- Under is 22-5 in the Mavericks’ last 27 games as a betting underdog.
- Under is 7-1-1 in the Clippers’ last nine home games.
- Mavericks are 4-0 ATS in their last four head-to-head matchups against the Clippers in Los Angeles.
Mavericks vs. Clippers Prediction
Injuries don’t appear to be impacting this Game 7 matchup any differently than they have the rest of the series thus far. Both Luka Doncic and Maxi Kleber are listed as probable for the Mavericks while Serge Ibaka is doubtful to go for the Clippers. The fact that road teams have managed to win all six games of this matchup so far is truly incredible. While it’s hard to say that will continue in Game 7 on Sunday, it’s impossible to dismiss Dallas entirely. Whoever wins the battle of the stars between Doncic and Kawhi Leonard could ultimately power their team to victory. Furthermore, with this over/under line dropping significantly from the Game 6 number, this would in theory suggest a closer affair. The Mavericks are catching too many points, so look to put those in your pocket at the best price available.
Prediction: Mavericks +6.5
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Check out the AwesemoOdds home page for more sports betting content, including more picks and predictions.
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Khris Middleton Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/13
The Finish Line: NASCAR Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds for 2021 All-Star Race | Ryan Newman
MMA Betting: Prop Bets + Picks for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
Jazz vs. Clippers NBA Betting Odds, Picks & Prediction for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Saturday, June 12, 2021
UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/21
Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021