The Western Conference semifinal round officially gets underway tonight. All four of the higher seeds advanced from the first round, which sets up a very intriguing matchup between the second and third seeds. The Denver Nuggets will look to ride MVP favorite Nikola Jokic to another series win as they take on Devin Booker and Phoenix Suns. This Nuggets vs. Suns NBA betting picks preview will explore the best NBA betting odds, provide some key betting trends and offer the top NBA picks and predictions for the game.
Nuggets vs. Suns Betting Preview: NBA Picks & Odds
Denver Nuggets (51-27, 24-15 Away) vs. Phoenix Suns (55-23, 29-10 Home)
Date: Monday, June 7, 2021
Start Time: 10 p.m. EST
Venue: Phoenix Suns Arena — Phoenix, Ariz.
Even without Jamal Murray and Will Barton, the Nuggets ousted the Portland Trail Blazers in six games. Denver was a slim NBA betting underdog on the series lines ahead of that first-round matchup and are even larger dogs coming into this Western Conference Semifinals matchup. Nikola Jokic was spectacular for the Nuggets throughout the first round against Portland. This includes 36 points, eight rebounds and six assists in the close-out victory in Game 6. The Nuggets will get a much stiffer defensive test from the Suns than they did the Blazers. As such, it will be paramount for Michael Porter Jr. and Monte Morris to carry their strong play into the second round.
The Suns were NBA betting series underdogs in the first round, but they proved their mettle. After dethroning the Lakers in six games, the Suns have their sights set on accomplishing a whole lot more this season. Even as Chris Paul battled through a shoulder injury and had multiple off nights in the first round, Phoenix was able to prevail. Devin Booker went off in both Games 5 and 6 against Los Angeles. He dropped 47 points and grabbed 11 boards in the close-out win. Phoenix will look for center Deandre Ayton to regain the form he displayed over the first four games of the postseason tonight.
Nuggets vs. Suns Betting NBA Picks + NBA Odds Shopping
Using Awesemo’s OddsShopper Tool, we can easily compare the NBA odds for Nuggets vs. Suns NBA Playoffs betting across the major sportsbooks. The odds outlined below are from 12 p.m. EST on June 7, so make sure to check out the OddsShopper tool yourself to get the most up-to-date odds.
The Latest Sports Betting Content from Awesemo Odds
- MMA Betting Prop Bets for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
- UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
- NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
- MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/
- Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
NBA Odds: Moneyline
- Nuggets: (+175) — William Hill
- Suns: (-200) — FanDuel, William Hill
NBA Odds: Spread
- Nuggets: +5 (-110) — All Sportsbooks
- Suns: -5 (-110) — BetMGM, FanDuel, PointsBet, William Hill
NBA Odds: Total
- Over: 220.5 (-115) — BetMGM
- Under: 221.5 (-105) — PointsBet
Nuggets vs. Suns NBA Betting Trends
- Nuggets are 5-1 ATS in their last six conference semifinals games.
- Suns are 6-1 ATS in their last seven playoff games as an NBA betting favorite.
- Suns are just 1-6-1 ATS in their last eight games following an outright win of 10 points or more.
- Over is 6-1 in the Nuggets’ last seven games.
- Under is 3-0-1 in the Suns’ last four home games against teams with a winning record.
- Nuggets are 7-3 ATS in their last ten head-to-head matchups against the Suns in Phoenix.
Nuggets vs. Suns Prediction
Despite both being seeded higher, each of these teams pulled off upsets in the first round. It would come as no shock to see this series extended out to six or seven games. Unfortunately for the Nuggets, things will be a whole lot harder at the offensive end than they were last round. Given that Denver is so reliant on Jokic for production, this could spell trouble. That said, it seems wise to see these two teams go at it in Game 1 before weighing in on the spread. Look to play under the highest total available as tonight’s best bet.
Prediction: Under 221.5
Make the play on the under by clicking the link below!
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Check out the AwesemoOdds home page for more sports betting content, including more picks and predictions.
MMA Betting Prop Bets for UFC 263: Adesanya vs Vettori 2 | Saturday, 6/12/21
UFC 263: Adesanya vs. Vettori MMA Betting Picks, Predictions & Odds Including Deiveson Figueiredo | Saturday, June 12, 2021
NBA Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Michael Porter Jr. Betting Picks & Predictions | 6/11
MLB Player Prop Bets for Tonight: Betting Strikeout Totals for Lucas Giolito | Friday, 6/11/
Suns vs. Nuggets Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
Ben Rasa’s Parlay of the Day: NBA & MMA Weekend Picks & Predictions | Friday, June 11, 2021
76ers vs. Hawks Betting Odds, Picks & Predictions for NBA Playoffs Game 3 | Friday, June 11, 2021
Sports Betting 101: Intro To Bet Types