As sports betting continues to become legal across more and more states in the United States, the presence of online sportsbooks continues to grow. There are a number of big players in this industry, but none larger in America than William Hill. So, whether you’re a veteran with wagering or just learning how to bet sports online, William Hill must be on your radar.
This is an expansive look at William Hill Sportsbook, reviewing what they are doing well and poorly.
William Hill Sportsbook Overview
Signup Bonus: Up to $500
States Available: Iowa, New Jersey, Nevada, Colorado and West Virginia.
Deposits/Withdrawals: Credit/debit card, ACH (eCheck), William Hill Prepaid Card, cash inside sportsbook, Skrill.
William Hill Pros: Sports offered, bet options, user interface, special bonuses
William Hill Cons: Online availability, welcome bonus
Pros of William Hill Sportsbook
William Hill Sportsbook provides options for all major sports. From NFL to tennis and UFC to darts, the book has games available.
You are able to place the simple bets, like moneyline, point total and picks against the spread. William Hill also has props and a live betting option they call “InPlay.”
William Hill Sportsbook is incredibly user-friendly. The site is clean, with big, clear tabs to help you navigate. They do a great job at making sure the page does not feel too crowded, which can be a struggle for other books. It is tough to get lost or confused on William Hill’s online book. They even have an easy option to change the odds format to what you are most comfortable with.
Where William Hill’s online sportsbook shines is through its special bonuses, which even out the lackluster welcome bonuses, which will be discussed later. The following is some of the special bonuses that William Hill offers, related to football and basketball.
Pick Your Six
- If you place a $25+, six-game parlay on six different professional games, you have a chance at a $250 bonus and $2,500 jackpot, if your parlay hits.
Hail Mary Parlay
- If you place a minimum of $10 on a Saturday college football parlay of three or more legs, you can get 10 percent back on any losses (up to $50), if the parlay has odds of +300 or longer.
Thursday Night Feature
- William Hill usually offers various promotions for Thursday Night Football that change. One, for example, was if you placed a prop bet on a player to score the first touchdown and they actually scored the final one, they paid out a 200% bonus (up to $50).
Saturday Upset Special
- If you place a $10+ moneyline bet with +300 or longer odds, you can earn up to 100% cash back, if the loss is six points or fewer.
- If you place a total of $200 in-game basketball bets in a week, you can earn up to $100 in bonus cash back. To be eligible, the bets must be on live point spread, moneylines shorter than -500 or over/unders. To receive the full $100, you must bet at least $2,500. If you don’t reach that mark, you receive $10 back.
Cons of William Hill Sportsbook
While there are plenty of states with a brick-and-mortar William Hill presence, only three states are currently able to bet with William Hill online: Iowa, New Jersey and Nevada. This is too good of an online book for it not to be available to all legal states.
The welcome bonus given varies depending on the state you are playing in, but none will blow you away. In Nevada, new users are given $50 for a deposit of at least $50. In Iowa, new users are given $100 with a first bet of at least $100. New Jersey offers the most generous bonus, matching the initial deposit up to $150.
William Hill is a great online book. It’s incredibly user-friendly for those who just learned how to bet sports online, offers a wide array of ways to bet and their creativity shines with their special bonuses. Their welcome bonuses won’t blow you away, but apparently they don’t need to with William Hill being America’s top sportsbook.
Need more sports betting information? Check out the Awesemo betting home page.
NFL Player Props Tool
NASCAR Betting Picks & Expert Daytona 500 Predictions
Same Game Parlay of the Night: Best NBA Picks & Parlays Tonight | 1/17/22
The 4 Best NBA Betting Picks Today: Dwight Powell & Utah Jazz Spread | 1/17/22
Best Wagers to Target on BetMGM for Monday, 1/17/22
FREE NBA Picks and Parlays: Best NBA Betting Picks & Player Props Tonight 1/17/22
3 QUICK & EASY Trae Young NBA Player Props & Expert Betting Picks Tonight | Bucks vs. Hawks 1/17/22
How to Bet Bulls vs. Grizzlies Tonight: Best NBA Bets & Player Props 1/17/22