If the last two weeks of PGA DFS action were the type of action you like, you get to do it all over again this week. It is the John Deere Classic, notorious for being one of the easiest events on the PGA Tour every year. The next two weeks in the golfing world are incredibly important, for their own distinct reasons. But before the last major for the year and the Olympics, the PGA Tour stops at TPC Deere Run for the annual playing of the John Deere Classic. Let’s break down some of the PGA DFS picks for our DraftKings and FanDuel lineups for DFS golf this week.
With many of the world’s best taking the week off, or playing in the Scottish Open, this event will feel as if it’s the weakest field of the year, as many more top-line pros are scheduled to tee it up across the pond.
- Tournament and Format
- Course Commentary
- Course Facts and Figures
- PGA DFS Course Summary and Statistical Comparison
- PGA DFS Preview, including sweat sheet
- Player Preview
John Deere Classic PGA DFS Preview and Picks
Dating all the way back to 1972, the John Deere Classic has always been held in this Quad City area. It has moved three courses in its 50 years but has been at TPC Deere Run for the last 20 years. Plenty of course knowledge will be available this week. One of the other cool features of the event is that it provides a charter for those that are heading overseas to play in the Open Championship the following week. Sadly, it doesn’t draw top-tier interest because of it.
TPC Deere Run Course Preview
This is the second straight week of this Midwest swing and third straight low-scoring week. The main thing to note about TPC Deere Run is it has a good amount of gettable par 4’s.
Par and Yardage
- Par 71: 7,600 yards
Course Difficulty 2019
- 46/51: -1.625
- Four par 3’s: 186, 226, 215, 158
- 10 par 4’s: 454, 433, 367, 427, 432, 424, 361, 484, 503
- Four par 5’s: 561, 596, 569
- Grass Type: Bent
- Average green size: 5,500 square feet
- Water Hazards: 3
- Number of Bunkers: 78
- Donald Ross — redesign by Robert Trent Jones
Latest PGA DFS Content
- The First Cut: Hero World Challenge PGA DFS Picks & Preview for DraftKings & FanDuel Fantasy Golf Lineups
- The Winning Element: RSM Classic PGA DFS Picks, Ownership & Rankings | Scottie Scheffler
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks This Week for The RSM Classic | Webb Simpson
- PGA DFS: Yahoo Cup Round 7 Picks for the RSM Classic
- FanDuel Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks This Week for The RSM Classic | Jason Day
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Facts and Figures
- Off the Tee: Easy-to-hit fairways combined with an average drive of 307 yards, i.e. a lot of drivers are hit, is another reason why this course is so easy year in and year out. Just about two-thirds of the fairway are hit in regulation.
- Approach to the Green: Greens in regulation were the third easiest to hit in 2019, with golfers doing it just shy of 70% of the time.
- Around the Green: The rare 30% of the time a golfer missed the green, they were able to get it up and down just shy of 60% of the time.
- On the Green: These greens don’t get much harder once golfers are on them, ranking right in the middle of the pack in terms of overall putting average in 2019.
PGA DFS Sweat Sheet and Slate Preview for John Deere Classic
Another 40-plus eagles could be on tap this week, as 45 were made in 2019. The par 5’s dominate the scoring. However, the other holes have plenty of scoring done on them, as only one hole on the entire course surrounded less than 50 on the week: The 18th hole.
This is a robust offering from DraftKings the week before a major, and it is the last chance to win tickets into the big PGA DFS Contests next week.
John Deere Classic Player Preview
Awesemo's Top Golfer Tool is an AceSince golf performances are largely uncorrelated between one golfer and the next, aside from weather impacts, a good way to view a PGA DFS lineup is as a parlay, where you have to hit all 6 picks to hit. The Awesemo Top Golfer Tool gives you the probabilities that each golfer will finish top 6, as well as their 25%, 50%,and 75% results as a benchmark for how you can expect each golfer to perform at the tournament.
While most golfers are preparing for next week’s Open Championship, a pair of South Koreans will get their final tune-up before the biggest event of their young lives. If you haven’t heard by now, South Koreans are subject to a mandatory two years of military service unless they win an Olympic medal. Sadly, it has derailed some careers of promising young Korean golfers like Sang-Moon Bae. For Si Woo Kim, it will be his last chance since he is 26 years old this year and service can only be delayed until age 28. Sungjae Im will have one more chance after these Olympics, as he is just 23 years old.
Daniel Berger will be the headliner here this week as the only golfer ranked inside the world’s top 20 that will be competing this week. Brian Harman will also be quite popular and one of the odds favorites this week, as will Kevin Na and Kevin Streelman. Other notables include Aaron Wise, Russell Henley and Harold Varner III.
John Deere Classic Notable Sponsor Invites
- Surrounding Colleges: A few top-notch universities and colleges can be found within a couple hours’ drive from the course. The tournament is giving sponsor exemptions to four different students from these schools: Iowa State, University of Illinois, Illinois State and University of Iowa. Several of the players — Michael Feagles, Tripp Kinney and Alex Schaake — have turned pro. David Perkins got inside the top 50 in the world’s amateur ranking during his amateur career, ranking 32nd. He is now ranked 68th. The last one in this group of players is Luke Kluver, who currently goes to Kansas and isn’t a major player on the college golf scene.
- Willie Mack III: Mack is back in the field a week after making his first cut on the PGA Tour. That will be a huge boost of confidence for him, coming into another week that was very similar to how last week’s played. Hopefully the good feels can parlay him into a big finish.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more PGA DFS advice and PGA DFS? The FanDuel DFS PGA projections for this week, the DFS PGA showdown projections for today and the DraftKings PGA DFS ownership projections are made and used by Alex Baker, the No. 1 DFS player in the world. DraftKings PGA DFS rankings for today will be posted at least a day in advance of any tournament.
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo
The First Cut: Hero World Challenge PGA DFS Picks & Preview for DraftKings & FanDuel Fantasy Golf Lineups
PGA DFS Rankings for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and FantasyDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft