Be sure to check out Awesemo’s expert PGA DFS Showdown projections and ownership for the Northern Trust Round 4 daily fantasy golf slate. Let’s go over who rounded into form in Round 3 and who we can look for as solid for DraftKings and FanDuel lineups on Sunday.
With Hurricane Henri projected to wreak havoc on the East Coast, Northern Trust officials made the decision to postpone Round 4 from Sunday to Monday, in effort to not compete with the bad weather.
Check out Awesemo’s expert Round 4 Northern Trust PGA DFS picks for with our DraftKings Showdown Cheat Sheet.
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: The Northern Trust Round 4
Round 3 Recap
With Hurricane Henri barreling down on the East Coast, Saturday’s play was questionable. But sunny skies prevailed and gave the golfers going out in the morning some ideal scoring conditions. Joaquin Niemann and Abraham Ancer made a big move on the front nine, with Ancer shooting 30 and Niemann 31. That was not good enough for the best front-nine scores, however, as Corey Conners’ hole-out eagle on hole No. 9 gave him 29. Doug Ghim’s great Saturday had him in a position to make the BMW Championship for the first time in his career. He shot 63 on the day as one of the first golfers out on the course, and he had two different stretches on the back nine in which he made three birdies in a row.
Then came Cameron Smith, cover boy of the article last night, and he got off to a blistering start. He birdied his first three holes and did not stop there, carding 11 birdies on the day and just missing out on 59. He set the pace for overnight leader Jon Rahm. Rahm’s play through two rounds was flawless, but not on Saturday. It started off as the first two days did, but standing in the middle of the fairway on the par-5 13th, he hit what looked to be a perfect 3-iron. It came up short in the water, and he made double bogey. He found the water again on the drivable par-4 16th and made another bogey. He did enough, though, to tie Smith at 16 under.
Tony Finau, who stumbled a bit on Saturday, was also in the mix heading into Sunday and did enough to be within a couple of the lead. Erik van Rooyen continue his stellar run of form, shooting 62 in the third round, and he has a chance to win his first full-field PGA Tour event. Justin Thomas also grinded his way to a 67.
Round 3 PGA DFS Stat Recap
It was a full day of play with a full set of statistics. With distance not being an overwhelming factor this week, there are plenty of ways to score well at this golf course.
Strokes Gained Tee to Green
- Cameron Smith
- Jon Rahm
- Shane Lowry
- Sungjae Im
- Tony Finau
Subscribe to Our Awesemo Odds on YouTube ChannelWe here at Awesemo are committed to bringing you the very best sports betting advice in the business. To help get the best bang for your buck, we are pleased to introduce the NEW Awesemo Odds YouTube channel! All of your favorite Awesemo personalities will appear regular on Awesemo Odds, including Dave "Loughy" Loughran, Josh Engleman, Adam "ShipMyMoney" Scherer, Ben Rasa and more. This channel will be a FREE one-stop shop for all of Awesemo's betting strategy, advice and picks videos for all of your favorite sports to wager on, from NBA, NFL, MLB, PGA and much more. Join us now!
Strokes Gained Off the Tee
- Aaron Wise
- Doug Ghim
- Hudson Swafford
- Scottie Scheffler
- Sungjae Im
Strokes Gained on the Approach
- Shane Lowry
- Cameron Smith
- Talor Gooch
- Paul Casey
- Cameron Champ
Strokes Gained Around the Green
- Kevin Na
- Harry Higgs
- Robert Streb
- Patrick Cantlay
- Scott Piercy
Strokes Gained Putting
- Stewart Cink
- Tom Hoge
- Harold Varner III
- Erik van Rooyen
- Lanto Griffin
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
Monday –around 7:30 a.m. will be the earliest.
Daily Fantasy Golf Contest Preview & Slate Review
Slate Preview: DraftKings
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first place and $200,000 guaranteed for the fourth-round slate.
Golfer Name/ Daily Scoring Rank
- Cameron Smith: 83.75 (1)
- Hideki Matsuyama: 36.25 (50)
- Joaquin Niemann: 58.45 (7)
- Hudson Swafford: 50.2 (15)
- The average score of the four picks: 57.16
- Average score per golfer for the round: 42.93
The Northern Trust Round 4 PGA DFS Picks
There has not been a Monday finish on the PGA Tour in some time. Placement points will play a factor in ownership and the outcome of the event.
- Corey Conners ($7,500): It was a blistering round for Conners on Saturday, who was elite with his irons. He is one of a few golfers in a very select class when he has his A-game. He presents one of the best values on the board because of that upside and will not even need to gain strokes putting to pay off his salary.
- Shane Lowry ($7,300): The form has been simmering for Lowry for quite some time, and finally there was a breakthrough today. He comes into the week having finished in the top 26 four straight times and just needed the putter to click. It has, and now he has a shot for his first top-10 in a while.
- Sam Burns ($7,200): If final-round scoring is transferable to Mondays, then Burns is in a must-own situation. In his last four Sundays in which he was in contention, his average score is 66.5, including a 64 last Sunday at TPC Southwind. He is at a great price and paired up with the other two can allow for a two-stud roster, including Rahm and Thomas.
Sneaky Pick for the Northern Trust Round 4 Showdown
- Charley Hoffman ($6,800): Hoffman looked like he was taking a leisurely stroll around Liberty National after bogeying his first three holes. But he made nine birdies in his final 15 and jolted up the leaderboard. His 6-under 65, on the heels of a good approach day and a good putting day, gave him a shot at a top-10 this week. Add him into the mix with the other four to roster any two golfers for the final round.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo
Round 3 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Saturday, 10/16/21
Round 2 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Friday, 10/15/21