This column is a quick-hitter article to give you the data to make informed PGA DFS picks for your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf lineups. Alongside the data, we will also provide a few player recommendations for round two of the RSM Classic at Sea Island. There is plenty of PGA DFS action available, even if you missed the main slate on Thursday. DraftKings has a $20,000 to first place contest for the final round, while FanDuel is offering a contest with a $3,000 top prize for nearly half the price and a third of the field.
Awesemo NFL Express Weekly For $1'Tis the season of giving. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Awesemo is giving you an NFL Express Weekly subscription for ONLY $1 by using promo code MAYFLOWER.That's right. A single dollar — which is less than that crappy cup of coffee you get three times a week. The NFL Express Weekly subscription gets you access to rankings, projections and ownership for EVERY Showdown and Single-Game slate; expert chat, express tools, content and more! The MAYFLOWER offer is valid for new users only and expires on Thursday, Nov. 26.
PGA DFS Preview: The RSM Classic Round 2 | DraftKings + FanDuel
The RSM Classic is using a multi-course rotation for rounds one and two before pivoting to the Seaside Course for the weekend.
Round 1 Roundup: Seaside Course
Only one of Sea Island’s two courses has strokes gained data on it this week, but since more rounds will be played on that course, its’ not all bad news. C.T. Pan had no hangover from Augusta. In fact, it seemed quite the opposite. Pan kept his high and leads the field in strokes gained tee to green, gaining over four on the day. His putter, however, might have stayed back at Augusta. Pan lost 1.5 strokes on the greens for the day. The form is certainly there, though. Masters participants Bernd Wiesberger, Shane Lowry and Webb Simpson all continued solid tee-to-green play, with each gaining more than three strokes on Thursday.
None of those golfers were able to match Matt Wallace, who caught lightning in a bottle with his putter today. It was mentioned on the telecast that Wallace recently sent video of his putting to his coach for review. The effort yielded results. Sure enough, whether it was something mechanical or mental, it worked for round 1. Camilo Villegas also matched Wallace with a 6-under 64 and shares the first-round lead.
Other notables from round 1 include Tommy Fleetwood (67), Zach Johnson (66) and Harris English (66). Also playing the Seaside course today (but not very well) was Sebastian Munoz, who shot 76 in round 1. Munoz might be the most hungover of those that participated last week and will need to snap out of it in a hurry in round 2 if he wants to make the cut.
Lastly, the scoring average was 69.78 or -0.22.
Round 1 Roundup: Plantation Course.
To the surprise of many today, the Plantation Course played over par. Granted, most of the stronger players in this field played the Seaside Course in round 1, which can certainly have something to do with this, but it’s interesting to note. Fading golfers who are on the Plantation Course tomorrow could provide an edge in Showdown format.
Four golfers were able to get to the 5-under mark, carding first-round 67s . One of these four is part of my hot take this week: Doug Ghim, who went around bogey-free, the only one of the four to do so. The other three were Cameron Tringale, Adam Long and Keegan Bradley.
PGA DFS Slate Preview | DraftKings + FanDuel
9:30 a.m. EST
- $20,000 to first and a $70,000 guaranteed prize pool for the RSM Classic second-round fantasy golf Showdown slate.
- $3,000 to first and a $15,000 guaranteed prize pool for their RSM Classic second-round slate
General Strategy and PGA DFS Picks
The blustery conditions kept the field close in round 1, with a score of 1 over landing just outside the projected cut line. Even par is tied for 64th right now, so it could be a crazy cut sweat again tomorrow. I suspect it will settle at 1 under par. Conditions are supposed to remain the same tomorrow, so we want to focus on golfers hitting greens.
PGA DFS Picks: Golfers Inside the Current Top 10
Hopefully most will see Wallace gaining over four strokes putting and fade him in round 2, because his other stats look pretty good as well. The most important to me is his approach game. Wallace gained more than a stroke and a half in round 1. It is definitely rare to see Wallace gain that many strokes off the tee, but to see him getting the ball in play by hitting 71% of fairways is a positive sign.
Ghim had an impressive day, going around in bogey-free fashion. He hit 78% of his greens and 78% of his fairways. Both are great stats and a continuation of his recent quality. If he gets the putter to warm up even a little, he will honor my hot take this week.
A few local residents also pique my interest for round 2. Patton Kizzire and Zach Johnson both look to be in a good position to make a run at a win in their hometown.
PGA DFS Picks From Outside the Top 10
- C.T. Pan ($7,200): Coming off of a top 10 at The Masters and having won just a couple of islands up, Pan seems to be a good course fit and in good form. Nobody should want to fade that.
- Justin Rose ($8,200): Some may question why he’s here, as Rose has been searching for his game. He played rather well in round 1, hitting 78% of his greens and 71% of his fairways. Both of those statistics should increase a bit heading to the Seaside Course, and another 2 under should get him right in the thick of things heading into the weekend.
- Scott Brown ($6,300): This may be a bit of an off-the-wall play, but he’s one of only a few golfers to have hit both 80% of their greens in fairways in round 1. Brown was cold with his putter, losing just about a stroke. Since he’s giving himself a ton of opportunities, I think he makes for a good cheap option here in round 2.
- Joseph Bramlett ($6,500): He is doing well gaining strokes on the approach, with over a stroke and a quarter gained in round 1, and hitting 79% of their fairways makes a good target to go low for round 2 if he can catch a hot putter. Bramlett seems to be close, and his low price should allow you to get any combination of studs you want for round 2.
PGA DFS Lineup Fill-Ins
- Tommy Fleetwood ($9,800)
- Alex Noren ($7,000)
- Patrick Rodgers ($6,700)
- Corey Conners ($8,500)
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content for The RSM Classic? We have loads of articles, data, cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE.
DraftKings4 weeks ago
MLB DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, SuperDraft, Yahoo, and FantasyDraft
DraftKings1 month ago
MLB DFS Main Slate Ownership Projections
DraftKings12 hours ago
NFL DFS Projections: Projected Fantasy Points for DraftKings, FanDuel and Other Daily Fantasy Football Sites
DraftKings4 weeks ago
Awesemo’s MLB DFS Rankings