This is a quick-hitter column to give you the key stats to make informed PGA DFS picks for your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf lineups. In this space, I’ll give you a few recommendations in the second round of The Corales Puntacana Championship. For typical Showdown GPPs, DraftKings offers upwards of $50,000 to first place for second-and third-round tournaments, and sometimes even up to $100,000 for the final round. They also provide weekend-long contests that offer $25,000 to first place on average. FanDuel has even tried to get into the weekend-long and final-round contests, offering $10,000 and $5,000 to first place in their PGA DFS Showdown contests. Let’s take a look at PGA DFS picks for Round 2 of The Corales Puntacana Championship.
Round 2 PGA DFS Picks: Corales Puntacana Championship
Previous Round Recap
The early-morning golfers tried to set a pace, but 5 under is the best score anyone could get to. Then Stephan Jaeger knocked in a hole-in-one on No. 13 en route to a first-round lead with a 66. The wind, around 20 mph, was a factor on Thursday and likely kept the scores from reaching 8 or 9 under.
Andrew Yun, star of the Outlaw Golf Tour, qualified into this event on Monday. He got to 5 under and tied Joel Dahmen; Yan will be one of the first ones out tomorrow morning and will have a chance to set the pace, along with Sam Ryder, Rafael Campos and Mark Anderson. Others with good first rounds were Justin Suh, Nate Lashley and Adam Schenk.
Quick Hitter Round 1 Stat Recap
Unfortunately, there isn’t any strokes-gained information for The Corales Puntacana Championship, so we will have to use traditional stats. Here are the top five in the main three categories.
- David Hearn, Alex Beach, Omar Uresti — 100%
- Joel Dahmen, Will Gordon, 6 others –93%
Greens In Regulation
Five golfers were at 88.9%:
- Joel Dahmen
- Tyler Duncan
- Danny Willett
- Beau Hossler
- Retief Goosen
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
6:45 a.m. EST
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $10,000 to first and $30,000 guaranteed for the second-round slate.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- 📽️ PGA DFS Live Before Lock: The Zurich Classic DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic | Patrick Cantlay
- Above the Cut: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic (FREE)
- Winning Element: PGA DFS Player Pool Predictions & Ownersihps for the Zurich Classic l DraftKings & FanDuel l Cameron Champ
- The Approach: PGA DFS Picks Based on Awesemo’s Rankings & Ownership Projections for The Zurich Classic
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Corales Puntacana Championship PGA DFS Picks
The conditions for Round 2 should look identical to what we saw on Thursday. There wasn’t a draw bias for this either, so it will only be about picking the best golfers.
PGA DFS Picks for Round 2 of The Corales Puntacana Championship
- Emiliano Grillo ($10,100): Regarded as one of the best iron players in the game, Grillo only hit 50% of his greens in the opening round while hitting over 85% of his fairways. If the irons get back on track and the putter keeps chugging along, Grillo could put together an exceptional 18 holes.
- Justin Suh ($9,000): No longer flying under the radar, Suh is working towards taking the next step. He only struggled in the final round of his last tournament, so I’m not worried about a letdown in Round 2. Suh is one of the last guys out tomorrow, so it will be nice to have the late-round hammer.
- Will Gordon ($8,300): From the looks of it, Gordon’s ball striking is on fire right now. He hit over 92% of fairways and almost 80% of his greens in Round 1, which is amazing on any golf course. Gordon is typically a streaky putter, and he was on the wrong side of it today. Judging by his scores, even par was the worst he could have shot. Gordon’s price is down, as he wasn’t that highly owned in week-long contests, so that gives us even more incentive to roster him.
- Joel Dahmen ($7,800): Dahmen had a really bad season based on his previous year’s results, and this is a great spot to break the funk. His ball striking looks to be back, hitting 88.9% of his greens and over 90% of his fairways, making him the only golfer in the field to do so.
Sneaky PGA DFS Pick for Round 2
- Sebastian Cappelen ($6,400): As a random occurrence, Cappelen has done some of his finer work as a pro here at the Corales. It was another good round on Thursday despite hitting only 50% of his fairways and 61% of his greens. Those aren’t necessarily eye-popping stats. However, familiarity and decent form have me intrigued enough to choose him in Round 2.
DraftKings and FanDuel Corales Puntacana Championship Lineup Fill-Ins
- Tom Lewis ($8,400)
- Charles Howell ($9,700)
- Bronson Burgoon ($7,400)
- Jonathan Byrd ($6,500)
Looking for more DraftKings and FanDuel Corales Puntacana Championship PGA DFS Showdown picks content? We have loads of fantasy golf articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page.
📽️ PGA DFS Live Before Lock: The Zurich Classic DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic | Patrick Cantlay
Above the Cut: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic (FREE)
Winning Element: PGA DFS Player Pool Predictions & Ownersihps for the Zurich Classic l DraftKings & FanDuel l Cameron Champ
The Approach: PGA DFS Picks Based on Awesemo’s Rankings & Ownership Projections for The Zurich Classic
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf