It is showdown time at The Valspar Championship. If you are new to the format, typical Showdown GPPs on DraftKings offer upwards of $50,000 to first place for second- and third-round tournaments, and sometimes even up to $100,000 for the final round. They also provide weekend-long contests that offer $15,000 to first place on average. Let’s take a look at PGA DFS picks for Round 4 of The Valspar Championship.
Round 4 PGA DFS Picks: The Valspar Championship
Previous Round Recap
More hole-outs and early eagles kept scores much lower than in years past here at the Copperhead course. Typically this tournament has over-par cuts and single-digit under-par winners, but both Keegan Bradley and Sam Burns will have a chance to set the scoring record for the event tomorrow. But neither of them could pull away from the back, and they hold just a one-shot lead over the next competitor, Max Homa. Homa holed out his second shot on the difficult sixth hole today, giving him a chance to win his second tournament of the year tomorrow.
From just up the street in Ocala, local legend Ted Potter had a chance at the first-round lead on Thursday but fell back yesterday with a 73. He bounced back in a big way today, shooting a tournament-low 63 to jump almost everyone on the leaderboard, and sits in a tie for fourth heading in the final round. Also in that tie for fourth are Joaquin Niemann, Abraham Ancer and Cameron Tringale.
Quick Stat Recap for Round 3
Only two were able to gain strokes in all facets of their game:
- Abraham Ancer
- Joaquin Niemann
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
The first tee time is still TBD, but they will probably start around 9 am ET.
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first and $100,000 guaranteed for the final-round slate.
The Valspar Championship PGA DFS Picks
With both Bradley and Burns failing to go low today, it makes the final round much more compelling for tomorrow. In fact, if there’s another 63 out there from someone, anyone at 7 under or better might have a chance to win, as Copperhead late on Sunday afternoon will be difficult. Whoever finishes in first will receive 20 fantasy points for tomorrow’s final round showdown slate.
Bradley, Burns, Ancer and Niemann will all be very highly owned, and we are likely to see at least three of them in most lineups. For the full set of projections, click here.
PGA DFS Picks for Round 4 of The Valspar Championship
- Dustin Johnson ($10,200): Johnson hasn’t really played well all week, and his short game was horrific today. But that and a high price will lead to virtually no ownership. He is still the best player in the world, and if he goes out and posts a 64 with a birdie streak in there, he will be one of the highest point-getters. Sure, he won’t end up in the top 10, but he’ll make up many of those points with a better score. This is a risky play, but it’ll be low ownership.
- Scottie Scheffler ($8,500): Typically this article won’t recommend the same golfer back-to-back days, but for Scheffler, the price and form are right after a bad opening round of 73. Since then, though, he’s played superbly, playing the next 36 at 9 under. While he’s likely a bit too far back to win this, a 63 is in his arsenal and could give him a chance to post a number that would put pressure on the leaders as they enter the Snake Pit.
- Bubba Watson ($7,900): One of the favorite sleepers of the week, Watson has come to play again here at Copperhead. In 2019 he had a solid Sunday and ended up finishing in the top five, something that could again tomorrow. Typically when he’s gaining strokes putting, he’s going to be in the mix for at least a top-five, and he’s gained just about 2.5 strokes in three days, a good sign for things to come tomorrow.
Sneaky PGA DFS Pick for Round 4
- Bronson Burgoon ($6,200): Playing solidly over the first few days, Burgoon finally found his putting stroke today, gaining 1.55. That made up for the loss of over 1.15 over the first few days. Now all he has to do is match up the second-round iron play, where he gained 0.75 strokes. With his hot putter, he will jump up in the top 10, a much-needed finish for his standing on tour.
DraftKings and FanDuel Fill-Ins for Valspar Championship
- Louis Oosthuizen ($8,400)
- Kevin Na ($7,800)
- Hank Lebioda ($7,700)
- Vaughn Taylor ($7,400)
Follow us on all of our social channels! Check out our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more great Awesemo content. Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and SuperDraft
PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for DraftKings and FanDuel | Round 2 of The AT&T Byron Nelson
The Winning Element PGA DFS Picks, Player Pool & Allocations for the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic