In case you are new to the format, typical Showdown GPPs on DraftKings offer upwards of $50,000 to first place for second- and third-round tournaments and sometimes even up to $100,000 for the final round. They also provide weekend-long fantasy golf contests that offer $15,000 to first place, on average. Let’s take a look at PGA DFS picks for Round 4 of the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic.
Be sure to check out Awesemo’s expert PGA DFS Showdown projections and ownership projections for Round 4 of the AT&T Byron Nelson Championship, as well as our DraftKings Showdown PGA Cheat Sheet for daily fantasy golf picks.
PGA DFS Picks for the AT&T Byron Nelson Classic
Previous Round Recap
Today was always going to be about Sam Burns and how far he could get ahead of the field — or conversely, how competitive this tournament could become if he didn’t play well. He ended up with what could reasonably be considered a mediocre day, bringing a lot of golfers into the mix. Going into the weekend, just two golfers were within three shots. After today’s action, that group has jumped to seven, and 15 are within five. The course played a tad harder today, but the par 5’s are a little too easy and short for the best in the world.
Scott Stallings and Harris English were out early, and they were able to each shoot 63. The second-best score of the day was 6 under, shot by Jordan Spieth, Ryan Palmer and Matt Kuchar.
Round 3 Stat Recap
Those who have been following my Showdown articles know I like to target golfers that are gaining strokes in all facets of their game; if one part goes south, they have others to fall back on. In Round 3, the following gained strokes in all four facets:
- Scott Stallings
- Troy Merritt
- K.H. Lee
Showdown Slate Preview
6:55 a.m. ET
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first place and $150,000 guaranteed for the fourth-round slate.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for DraftKings | Palmetto Championship Round 4
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Round 4 Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the Palmetto Championship | Chesson Hadley
- PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for DraftKings and FanDuel | Palmetto Championship Round 3
- PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for DraftKings and FanDuel | Palmetto Championship Round 2
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Round 2 Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the Palmetto Championship | Dustin Johnson
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Round 4 Byron Nelson PGA DFS Showdown Picks
- Charl Schwartzel ($8,700): A return to form, Schwartzel has been good since Friday at Augusta just over a month ago. He has had a number of good starts since then and is taking advantage of his strong play this week on an easy setup. Sitting just 3 back to start the day, Schwartzel will have a chance to win his first PGA Tour title since the Valspar over five years ago.
- Harris English ($8,100): English had a fantastic year professionally, and that culminated in a win at the Tournament of Champions to start this year. But as sometimes happens with a breakthrough win, regression set in, and he hasn’t seen the top 20 since then. Outside of Friday at the RBC Heritage, he has been trending better as of late and now has a chance for his first top-10 since January.
- Bronson Burgoon ($7,100): It has been a very solid three days for Bronson, whose putter and ball striking have remained hot through these three days. He was trending towards being in the top five today, but his scrambling and around-the-green work really held him back today, losing him over a stroke. That is not likely to happen again tomorrow, and if the other parts of his game stays hot, he should be able to get into the top five by day’s end.
Sneaky Pick for Round 4 Showdown Lineups
- Troy Merritt ($6,800): Merritt was trending in the right direction all week, gaining tee to green in each of the first two rounds, but the putter hadn’t shown up yet. It did on Saturday, gaining him over a stroke and a half on the day. It is easier to back up a good putting performance with another one given the golfer’s confidence is high. Merritt is also not that far out of the top 10, so he could make up positional points rather quickly tomorrow.
DraftKings and FanDuel Fill-Ins for the Byron Nelson
- Jordan Spieth ($10,600)
- K.H. Lee ($8,900)
- Cam Champ ($7,400)
Follow us on all of our social channels! Check out our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube for more great Awesemo content. Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.
PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for DraftKings | Palmetto Championship Round 4
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Round 4 Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the Palmetto Championship | Chesson Hadley
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and SuperDraft
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings