Synonymous with some of the most beautiful sites in the country, San Diego and Torrey Pines Municipal Park host another Farmers Insurance Open. One of the strongest and deepest fields of the year is set to play, and DFS golf contests are also their most significant of the season so far. This article will cover the course, the players and key statistics to focus on while making your fantasy golf picks for PGA DFS lineups on DraftKings and FanDuel this week.
PGA DFS Preview & Fantasy Golf Picks | Farmers Insurance Open
Course Facts & Figures Torrey Pines Municipal Golf Course
- Par 72: 7,698 South Course
- Par 72: 7,258 North Course
- North Course: 33/49 or -1.426
- South Course: 7/49 or +.534
Hole Dispersion: (South Course)
- Par 3’s — 200, 175 ,221, 223
- Par 4’s — 450, 390, 490, 460, 460, 420, 440, 480, 450, 504
- Par 5’s — 560, 614, 614, 570
Grass Types & Hazards (South Course)
- Grass Type: Poa throughout
- Average Green: 5,000 square feet
- Water Hazards: 1
- Bunkers: Lots
- Rough Length: 3 inches
- William Bell
Best Stats for DFS Golf Picks This Week
- Off the Tee: Torrey Pines is always a difficult place to find the fairway, with its narrow and twisting fairways. Golfers will only hit them on average 58% of the time.
- Approach to the Green: All those missed fairways mean a lot of missed greens. Only 63% of the time did golfers hit them in regulation last year.
- Around the Green: When the ball misses the green, a golfer will have about a 60% chance of getting it up and down.
- On the Green: The greens ranked 21st on tour last year.
Course History at the Farmers Insurance Open
In his young career, two of Jon Rahm’s biggest wins have come at this course: His first PGA Tour win and his first major championship. He added three more top-sevens and a 29th in his four other trips to the Farmers. Tony Finau has also found great success, finishing no worse than 24th here in his seven starts. He also has four top-sixes. Ryan Palmer and Patrick Reed have had a good last four years. They each have four starts, with two top-10s each and no finishes worse than 23rd.
Brandt Snedeker has enjoyed a fresh start on the tour this season and now heads back to Torrey Pines, where he has made seven straight cuts and finished top 10 three times, including one win. Hideki Matsuyama has also played five consecutive weekends here, with a third-place finish being his best. Lastly, Talor Gooch is 4-for-4 here, including a third-place finish three years ago.
PGA DFS Golf Sweat Sheet and Fantasy Golf Preview
The Wednesday through Saturday start gave DraftKings a bit of hesitation when posting their slate, as it is a bit less than last year’s event.
One of the most challenging courses the players will face all year, Torrey Pines South Course has three holes that total 35% or more of the total score. Add in the other par 5, and it is above 40% in just four holes. The easiest chance at a birdie streak based on the distribution of scoring would be holes 8 through 10.
Farmers Insurance Open PGA DFS Player Preview
Half of the world’s top 10 and half of the world’s top 30 are competing in San Diego at the Farmers Insurance. Missing just a few top-end golfers that have started their year on the European Tour, this field is the strongest and deepest of the year so far. Many golfers will be making their season debut, but none bigger than Dustin Johnson, the third-ranked player in the world, who did not make it to Maui for the first time in a considerably long time. The last appearance for Johnson came at the Ryder Cup, where he looked great and was dubbed the MVP of the American side, so he will look to get off to a fast start here in 2022.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- DraftKings PGA DFS Picks: Charles Schwab Cheat Sheet
- FanDuel PGA DFS Picks: Charles Schwab Cheat Sheet
- PGA DFS Grades + Values: Charles Schwab | DraftKings + FanDuel
- Charles Schwab 2022 One and Done Picks: Expert PGA Golf Predictions This Week
- PGA DFS & Fantasy Golf Preview for the Charles Schwab Challenge 2022
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Farmers Insurance Open Strokes Gained Review
Patrick Reed basically dominated scoring for the event, recording almost 30 more than the next highest-scoring golfer. His incredibly strong short game, gaining 7.2 strokes in the three measured rounds at the South Course, pushed him to the top of the board. He also gained strokes ball striking, albeit mildly, but good enough to earn him a victory at the Farmers. Xander Schauffele broke his run of bad form here at this course with a good iron game and a hot putter and earned his first top-10 at his home event. Another to keep note of is Will Zalatoris, who started his season off in a good way last week with a top-10. Now he heads back to an event that he played very well least year, gaining strokes in all parts of his game.
- Strokes Gained Off the Tee: 0.41
- Strokes Gained on Approach: 1.00
- Strokes Gained Around the Green: 0.37
- Strokes Gained Putting: 0.85
- DFS Points Scored: 91
- DFS Ownership: 10.9%
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
FanDuel DFS PGA rankings for today will be posted at least a day in advance of any tournament. Looking for more DFS PGA stats and the best PGA DFS advice? The FanDuel PGA DFS projections for this week, the DFS PGA showdown projections for today and the PGA DFS ownership projections for FanDuel are made and used by Alex Baker, the No. 1 DFS player in the world.
DraftKings PGA DFS Picks: Charles Schwab Cheat Sheet
FanDuel PGA DFS Picks: Charles Schwab Cheat Sheet
Expert Golf Betting Tool | Prop Bet Projections
PGA DFS Grades + Values: Charles Schwab | DraftKings + FanDuel
PGA DFS Rankings for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and FantasyDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel and Yahoo (FREE TODAY)
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo