This column is a quick-hitter article to give you the stats you need to make informed PGA DFS picks for your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf lineups. We’re in search of a few recommendations for the final round of the Sony Open. In a typical Showdown GPP, DraftKings will offer upwards of $50,000 to first place for second-and third-round tournaments, and sometimes up to $100,000 for the final-round contests. They also provide weekend-long contests that have been offering $25,000 to first place on average. FanDuel has also tried to get into the weekend-long and final-round contests, offering $10,000 and $5,000 to first place in their PGA DFS Showdown contests.
Sony Open Round 4 PGA DFS Showdown
Previous Round Recap
With the largest number of golfers to make the cut in quite some time, the tour decided to go with threesomes and split tees. Tee times were only separated by a few hours, so the action was quick and heavy. Scores again were low, with conditions being ideal and the easiest pin positions of the week. Both Brendan Steele and Kevin Na shot up the leaderboard with a score of 61. Steele, a feature of this article last night and a feature of this tournament two years in a row, will have a 2-shot lead heading into the final round.
He’ll have arguably the hottest player in the field chasing him: Joaquin Niemann, who for the second straight week to start the season has himself a chance to win on Sunday. He starts only 2 back this time. There are plenty of other chasers as well, with 17 golfers within 5 shots of the lead.
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
1:30 p.m. EST
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $10,000 to first and $60,000 guaranteed for the final-round slate.
- FanDuel is offering $1,000 to first and $5,000 guaranteed for the final-round slate.
General Strategy and Sony Open PGA DFS Picks
This is a friendly reminder to kick off the pick section: Finishing points will be allocated to players for the final-round slate. Three golfers priced above $9,000 start the day in the top 10. That’ll give gamers plenty of chances to get all three of the studs, Niemann, Russell Henley and Daniel Berger.
Keith Mitchell ($6,400)
Mitchell is not someone you’d think about as having an elite short game, but that was the case in Round 3. That is a good sign, as his ball striking was there over the first two rounds. He’s cheap and should allow you to pretty much go anywhere with your lineup. I don’t suspect he’ll be super chalk during tomorrow’s slate. He was only 3% owned today.
PGA DFS Picks Outside the Top 10
- Kevin Kisner ($8,700): After burying a 21-footer for eagle on 18 to make the cut, Kisner made the most of on Saturday, shooting a bogey-free 66. His putter also remained hot as he gained just shy of a stroke. If he puts those two together again with a slightly better round off the tee, he’ll be in the mix for a back-end top 10.
- Patton Kizzire ($7,900): A course-type kind of guy, Kizzire has another good finish ahead of him here at the Sony Open. A previous winner of the event had struggled with his irons in the first two rounds. But that turned for Kizzire in Round 3,with over 1.4 strokes gained on the round. That is good enough for me to put him in my lineups for tomorrow.
Sneaky Fantasy Golf Pick for Round 4 of the Sony Open
Mark Hubbard ($6,600)
In terms of PGA DFS points, Hubbard is right up there this week. Having made 14 birdies and an eagle through three rounds, he has just missed a hot putter. His irons have looked decent all week and performed well for him in Round 3.
DraftKings and FanDuel Sony Open Lineup Fill-Ins
- Harry Higgs ($7,600)
- Collin Morikawa ($10,200)
- Ryan Armour ($6,900)
- Joaquin Niemann ($10,400)
Looking for more Sony Open PGA DFS Showdown picks and daily fantasy golf content? We have loads of fantasy golf articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE.
📽️ The PGA DFS First Look Strategy Show: Arnold Palmer Invitational DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
📽️ Daily Fantasy Golf Player & Course Preview: Arnold Palmer Invitational | DraftKings & FanDuel
⛳ The First Cut: Arnold Palmer Invitational DraftKings & FanDuel PGA DFS Picks & Preview l 2/28
⛳ PGA DFS Picks: WGC Workday Round 4 Showdown Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel l Billy Horschel 2/28
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf