This column is a quick-hitter article to give you the stats you need to make informed PGA DFS picks for your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf lineups. We’re in search of a few recommendations for the third round of the Genesis Invitational. In a typical Showdown GPP, DraftKings will offer upwards of $50,000 to first place for second-and third-round tournaments and sometimes up to $100,000 for the final-round contests. They also provide weekend-long contests that have been offering $25,000 to first place on average. On top of that, FanDuel has tried to get into the weekend-long and final-round contests, offering $10,000 and $5,000 to first place in their PGA DFS Showdown contests. Let’s take a look at PGA DFS picks for Round 2 of the WGC Workday.
Round 3 PGA DFS Showdown Picks: WGC Workday
Previous Round Recap
While Mr. 83 withdrew after round one, our variance in scores wasn’t as high. The scores as a whole did get much better in round two, but there were still some blow-up rounds of 77. On the good side, my guy Collin Morikawa got himself into the mix today thanks to another superb round with his irons. Today though, his putter followed as he showed the power of his game.
Bryson DeChambeau also found himself back into this event. After an opening-round 77, he bounced back and tied for the day low score with a 64. Eight back of the lead, Bryson will need another couple of scores in the mid-60s to really get back into it.
Brooks Koepka is continuing his impressive run back to form and was bogey-free thru 17, but he bogeyed 18 and takes a one-stroke lead into the weekend. Surprisingly, Cameron Smith is one of just a few golfers to play this course before the event here this week, having vacationed in the area some years ago. He, along with Bermuda Billy Horschel, sits just one back of Koepka.
Quick Hitter Round 2 Stat Recap
I mentioned Moriakwa’s impressive iron game. He gained over three strokes for the second straight day and also added in a positive day off the tee, around the green, and on the green. He was one of seven golfers who gained strokes in every facet during round 2.
The others were:
- Bryson DeChambeau
- Brooks Koepka
- Hideki Matsuyama
- Billy Horschel
- Tony Finau
- Louis Oosthuizen
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
Around 11:00 a.m. EST
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first and $150,000 guaranteed for the third-round slate.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- 📽️ Daily Fantasy Golf PGA Player & Course Preview: Zurich Classic | DraftKings & FanDuel
- The First Cut: PGA DFS Picks & Preview for The Zurich Classic for DraftKings and FanDuel | 4/19
- PGA DFS Picks: The RBC Heritage Round 4 Showdown Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel
- PGA DFS Picks: The RBC Heritage Round 3 Showdown Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel
- PGA DFS Picks: The RBC Heritage Round 2 Showdown Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
General Strategy and WGC Workday PGA DFS Picks
Conditions in round 3 should be ideal for scoring, so it will just be man against course again. I suspect that the course will play a shade harder today than yesterday.
PGA DFS Picks for Round 3 of the WGC Workday
- Brooks Koepka ($9,000) Don’t look now, but Brooks appears fully on his way back to playing big-time golf. He was in a dark place with his game for quite some time, but now healthy, Brooks looks to regain that confidence, swagger, and arrogance that makes him one of the best.
- Collin Morikawa ($8,400) He’s on fire, so at this point, the salary would have to be at least $9,500 for me to not play him.
- Louis Oosthuizen ($7,600) One of a few golfers that gained strokes everywhere in round 2. That’s on top of a good round 1 as well, as the course seems to fit his style of play. He’s not going to wow you off the tee, so he has to make up those strokes in the other three facets of the game, and he seems to be doing that through the first two rounds.
Sneaky PGA DFS Pick for Round 3
Cameron Champ ($6,600)
Thursday, his off the tee game was on point, but his irons were bad. In round 2, it flipped, and he gained over two strokes with the irons but lost strokes off the tee. Tomorrow’s the day they both come together. Now he just needs to match up the short game with it.
DraftKings and FanDuel WGC Workday Lineup Fill-Ins
- Bryson DeChambeau ($8,800)
- Hideki Matsuyama ($8,000)
- Abraham Ancer ($7,500)
- Arron Rai ($6,300)
Looking for more DraftKings and FanDuel WGC Workday PGA DFS Showdown picks content? We have loads of fantasy golf articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE.
📽️ Daily Fantasy Golf PGA Player & Course Preview: Zurich Classic | DraftKings & FanDuel
📽️ The PGA DFS First Look Strategy Show: Zurich Classic DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
The First Cut: PGA DFS Picks & Preview for The Zurich Classic for DraftKings and FanDuel | 4/19
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft