After an exciting Round 1 at the Travelers Championship, we’re ready to do it all over again. On Friday, 6/25/21, we’ll see if two relatively unknown golfers can stay atop the leaderboard, which they both share the same spot at seven-under. DraftKings is always solid in these Showdowns, usually offering an opportunity to win $50,000. Even FanDuel is trying to get in on the Showdown action, albeit with not their best effort.
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Travelers Championship 2
Previous Round Recap
From 6 under as the winning score to 7 under being the leading score after 18 holes today, we knew it would be a change of pace in terms of scoring. However, TPC River Highlands put up a good enough test that even-par would be the average score for the day. A few names that have been of interest to me lately continued their strong form, as both Talor Gooch and Beau Hossler had all parts of their game working in Round 1. However, it was both Kramer Hickok and Satoshi Kodaira took the first-round lead at 7 under.
The stars of the wave struggled, and that’s after a solid opening nine from both Patrick Cantlay and Patrick Reed, but both stumbled on the way in. Others like Kevin Stadler and Sepp Straka found form in Round 1, while Abraham Ancer failed to keep up with player partner Kevin Streelman, who smoked Ancer by five strokes in Round 1. Lastly, Sam Burns continues his good form on easy tracks, sneaking into the Top-10 after Round 1 with a couple of late birdies.
About two hours into the wave, Kodaira made a huge move going out and play a seven-hole stretch at 6 under par, including a hole-out eagle on the No. 2. He would also falter on his way in and tie Hickok for the day at 7 under. He and Patrick Rodgers were the only two from the afternoon wave to end the day in the Top-5. Rodgers, whose best asset is typically is putter, had an incredible day with these irons, gaining over three strokes.
Russell Henley and Mackenzie Hughes were able to shake off the bad Sunday at Torrey Pines, each shooting a 3-under 67. While their rounds may have been bad, they weren’t as tumultuous as Bryson DeChambeau, who looked unhappy for most of the day.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- Round 3 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Saturday, 10/16/21
- Round 2 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Friday, 10/15/21
- The Winning Element: The CJ Cup PGA DFS Picks, Ownership & Rankings | Aaron Wise
- 📽️ PGA DFS Live Before Lock: DraftKings + FanDuel Picks for the CJ Cup | 10/13 at 6 p.m. ET
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks This Week for The CJ Cup | Xander Schauffele
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Round 2 Cut Prediction
The morning wave had a scoring average of 69.5. In comparison, the afternoon wave came in higher than that, pushing the daily average to 70.09. With conditions expected to be a little bit harder tomorrow, the cut should stay at 1 under and maybe go back to even. However, it’s unlikely unless conditions change.
Round 1 Stat Recap
Although stats are a bit incomplete, here are the top three in each stroke gained category.
Strokes Gained Tee to Green
- Patrick Rodgers
- Seamus Power
- Talor Gooch
Schauffele projects as the fourth-highest on the slate, with 36.76 points. Click here to view the full field.
Strokes Gained Off the Tee
- Maverick McNealy
- Bubba Watson
- Tyler McCumber
Strokes Gained Approach
- Patrick Rodgers
- Seamus Power
- Satoshi Kodaira
Strokes Gained Around the Green
- Rickie Fowler
- Paul Casey
- Sean O’Hair
Strokes Gained Putting
- Satoshi Kodaira
- Brice Garnett
- Kramer Hickok
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
6:45 a.m. EST
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $20,000 to first place and $80,000 guaranteed for the second-round slate.
Travelers Championship PGA DFS Picks
Conditions are supposed to be their hardest in the morning hours, but the scoring was much better in the morning today. Hopefully, that should nullify the edge.
PGA DFS Picks for Round 2 of The U.S. Open
- Kevin Streelman ($8,900) His early jump up to the top of the leaderboard had me reeling at not playing him more on DraftKings, but a couple of late bogeys eased the pain a bit. Streelman has been in good form for at least a month now and loves it around these parts. There’s no need to fade him, especially now with the reduced salary versus his week-long price.
- Talor Gooch ($7,300): Good form has been brewing for a while, especially with the irons. Each week the other parts of Gooch’s game have been trending in the right direction, so it’s nice to see it all come together. Now we hope it’s all here to stay.
- Ian Poulter ($7,500) If you need to fill in a lineup with someone priced in this range, Poulter is producing a good amount of stability right now. After a solid opening round of two-under today, he seems to be quite comfortable with his irons right now. If he gets a hot putting day, and Poulter could jump up to the first page of the leaderboard heading into the weekend.
Sneaky Pick for the Round 2 Showdown
- Beau Hossler ($6,900) The crux of his game this year has been his irons, but there has been a notable change over the last few starts. Hossler broke into the tour as having the reputation of a great putter, and that was the only thing missing two weeks ago. The irons and stayed hot today and the putter followed. Now another couple of rounds and he should be in place for his best finish this year.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo
Round 3 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Saturday, 10/16/21
Round 2 CJ Cup Showdown PGA DFS Picks for DraftKings & FanDuel Lineups | Friday, 10/15/21