At the end of the week, if you win a PGA Tour event, not really many people care about how you did it, and your paycheck certainly doesn’t care. For Chesson Hadley, his putter has been absolutely unconscious this week, adding another three strokes gained after today’s round. Today he lost in every single category other than putting but somehow increased his lead to four! He’ll take that lead heading into the final round, looking for his second career PGA Tour win. Now, let’s get into our top FanDuel and DraftKings Showdown PGA DFS picks for Round 4 of the Palmetto Championship based on Awesemo’s DFS golf projections.
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Palmetto Championship Round 4
Previous Round Recap
While Hadley was out there making every single putt he looked at, playing with the world’s number one golfer, that golfer couldn’t make anything. In the absolute polar opposite rounds, where Hadley made everything and Johnson made nothing, D.J. will have to catch fire in the final round. Harris English is the closest competitor to Hadley after firing a four-under 67 today and will go toe-to-toe with him tomorrow.
The course did seem to firm up a bit today, as the lowest score on the day was shot by Bo Van Pelt, shooting five-under on the day. Tyrrell Hatton had two hole-out eagles late in his round to catch fire and shot all the way up into the top 10. He’ll have an outside shot to win tomorrow.
Round 3 Stat Recap
With some of the field not yet completing their third round, the data is incomplete but still worthy of sharing anyway. Here’s who performed well in all four categories in Round 3.
- Wes Roach
- Harris English
- Sam Ryder
- Beau Hossler
- Scott Piercy
PGA DFS Showdown Picks: Slate Preview
8:30 a.m. ET
Latest PGA DFS Content
- PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for Tokyo Olympics Golf Round 3 | DraftKings & FanDuel
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Round 2 Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the Olympics | Joaquin Niemann
- PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for Tokyo Olympics Golf Round 2 | DraftKings & FanDuel
- Fantasy Golf: Euro Tour Monkey Knife Fight Picks This Week for the ISPS HANDA World Invitational
- PGA DFS: Winning Element & Ownership Allocations for the Olympics | Justin Thomas
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Fantasy Golf Contest Preview
- DraftKings is offering $50,000 to first place and $150,000 guaranteed for the final-round slate.
Hadley has maintained his form through three rounds, but the big and most important test will be Sunday. I’ll aim to find a few golfers down the leaderboard, who may not be starting with a ton of positional points, but, has the chance to earn them up quickly with a good Sunday round.
PGA DFS Picks for Round 4 The Palmetto Championship
- Dustin Johnson ($10,900): When D.J. is just starting to come into form, rather than already in it, it typically comes with at least one if not two rounds within a tournament that he doesn’t play well. That round seemed to be today, losing over 3 strokes with his approaches on the day, as for some reason, his iron swing deserted him today. But, having gained over a stroke and a half in each of his first two rounds, I’m not worried that’ll be a two-round thing, rather just a one-round blip. With Hatton & English both up here as well, it’ll be tough to fit both of them in, and given that two hole-out eagles on the back spurred on Hatton, I’d lean English/Johnson in a one-off situation.
- Rob Oppenheim ($7,500): Quietly, Rob is putting together a bit of an improbable stretch of golf, shooting seven straight rounds in the 60s. Looking for his first top 10 since the Puerto Rico Open, the 41-year-old needs a big finish here tomorrow. Something in the 60s again should get him into the top 10.
- Sam Ryder ($6,700): Having qualified for the U.S. Open on Monday, it was clear that some type of form was nearby. For Sam, he hasn’t put it all together in the same round, but he’s not been able to average positive strokes gained in all four facets of his game in his three separate rounds. We like to see the emphasis on his approaches, averaging just about a stroke and a quarter per day. He’s in 20th and relatively low price, so I don’t think he’ll be highly owned at all.
Sneaky Pick for the Round 4 Showdown
While results lately have been less than stellar, his ball-striking this week has been on point while really struggling on and around the greens. If we can get that to match the field on Sunday, by the looks of his ball-striking, he should have something in the mid-60s in his arsenal, and given him starting the day at even, could get him into the top 20 by days end.
Thanks for reading to the end of this article! If you appreciate this free content and want to see more of it every day, you can help us out by sharing this article on social media!
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of articles daily fantasy golf, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets and more on the Awesemo PGA DFS home page.
PGA DFS: Showdown Spotlight Picks for Tokyo Olympics Golf Round 3 | DraftKings & FanDuel
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
PGA DFS Ownership Projections
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf
Top Golfers Tool – PGA DFS Simulation Results for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, FantasyDraft, and SuperDraft
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, Yahoo, and SuperDraft
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: Round 2 Showdown PGA DFS Picks for the Olympics | Joaquin Niemann