This column is a quick-hitter article to give you the data to make informed PGA DFS picks for your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf lineups. Alongside the data, we will also provide a few player recommendations for round three of the RSM Classic at Sea Island. There is plenty of PGA DFS action available, even if you missed the main slate on Thursday.
Awesemo NFL Express Weekly For $1'Tis the season of giving. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, Awesemo is giving you an NFL Express Weekly subscription for ONLY $1 by using promo code MAYFLOWER.That's right. A single dollar — which is less than that crappy cup of coffee you get three times a week. The NFL Express Weekly subscription gets you access to rankings, projections and ownership for EVERY Showdown and Single-Game slate; expert chat, express tools, content and more! The MAYFLOWER offer is valid for new users only and expires on Thursday, Nov. 26.
PGA DFS Preview: The RSM Classic Round 4 | DraftKings + FanDuel
The RSM Classic used a multi-course rotation for rounds one and two but will now pivot to the Seaside Course for the weekend.
Round 3 Roundup:
The day was always going to be about what Robert Streb did, and he played fairly decently, keeping a couple of shot cushion heading into the final round. Zach Johnson made the biggest move of the leaders, shooting 65 on the day, as did Emiliano Grillo & Andrew Landry. The former, Grillo, nailed two 18+ footers on 17 and 18 for birdie to knock me out of the top 3 in the round 3 slowdown slate. Brutal beat seeing how he never makes those!
Another seven golfers were able to pick up at least one stroke on Streb, Corey Conners, Kevin Kisner, Matthew NeSmith & John Huh are four of them. Kisner is one of the closest chasers heading into Sunday as he and Johnson will try and bring home the title for the local guys.
PGA DFS Slate Preview | DraftKings + FanDuel
9:50 a.m. EST
- $20,000 to first and a $70,000 guaranteed prize pool for the RSM Classic Final-round fantasy golf Showdown slate.
- $1,000 to first a $4,000 guaranteed prize pool for the RSN Classic Final-Round fantasy golf showdown slate.
General Strategy and PGA DFS Picks
The scoring average ticked lower again today, creeping into the high 68s. The low was 65 on the day and 61 on the week. I brink this up in hopes of finding a long shot to come from behind and win tomorrow. If 63 is the low score tomorrow, and Streb shoots two over, that means any at seven or eight under could feasible make a run at it. Reminder finishing points are assigned for the final round showdown contests.
PGA DFS Picks: Golfers Inside the Current Top-10
Both Zach Johnson & Kevin Kisner saw their ownership skyrocket today, and they played well, meaning they will go even higher tomorrow. They’ll get paired up with Emiliano Grillo the most, as the three stack that’s owned the most out of anyone. Where I think there could be some ownership edge is in Kyle Stanley & Camilio Villegas. Both went opposite directions a bit today as Villegas couldn’t back up his impressive two days while Stanley improved his standing.
Matthew NeSmith went out in bogey-free today and was mildly owned, and given the fact that he’s quite a bit more expensive than Andrew Landry, I suspect he’ll be lower owned. Now that’s not to say we will get NeSmith below 15% cause we won’t, but compared to others up here, he should be lower owned.
PGA DFS Picks From Outside the Top-10
- Chesson Hadley ($6,500) Two straight rounds that Hadley has been on fire with his putter, hiding his less than stellar game everywhere else. But, his putter carried him here, and now if he can get the rest of his game to follow suit in round four, he could take it really low.
- Adam Long ($7,800) With one silly hole and three missed putts inside of five feet, Long is in position for another good finish here in the fall. He had a nice bounce back at the end of his round briding three of the last four, setting himself up for another top 10 run on Sunday.
- Brendon Todd ($7,700) Brendon’s toe seems to be all healed as the eagle-eyed putter looks to ride a hot flat stick to another top 10. He’ll be lower owned given that he’s not near the top of the board and should make a good pivot in this mid to high 7K range.
- Matt Wallace ($7,900) One unfortunate lie on the 6th hole today, a driveable par four as the way they played it, and that lead to a double bogey. He didn’t really recover after that, but he still had five birdies on the day. He’s fifth in birdies on the week, with 17, a good sign of things to come for Sunday. If he can avoid the big numbers, he’s got a chance to get into the top 5 come end of day Sunday.
PGA DFS Lineup Fill-Ins
- Tommy Fleetwood ($9,300)
- Doug Ghim ($7,600)
- Charley Hoffman ($6,800)
- Sepp Straka ($7,500)
Looking for more PGA DFS picks content for The RSM Classic? We have loads of daily fantasy golf articles, data, cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE.
DraftKings1 month ago
MLB DFS Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, SuperDraft, Yahoo, and FantasyDraft
DraftKings17 hours ago
NFL DFS Projections: Projected Fantasy Points for DraftKings, FanDuel and Other Daily Fantasy Football Sites
DraftKings1 month ago
Awesemo’s MLB DFS Rankings
DraftKings16 hours ago
NFL DFS Ownership Projections for DraftKings, FanDuel, and Yahoo!