All of my PGA DFS content is geared toward providing information that will help you with all your DraftKings and FanDuel daily fantasy golf and wagering decisions in the best way possible. This is the last of my week-long written material for the Corales Puntacana Championship, and now it’s FREE!
I am primarily a GPP PGA DFS player and enjoy making up to 450 lineups. As such, the allocations I give out are likely not exact, but they are my target for the mass-entry GPPs. If this is your first time reading it, let’s go over what you can find in it.
- Last week recap
- TV schedule and weather update
- My entire player pool
- Notes on the chalkiest players
The following sections define who will play and what recommended allocation you should play them at:
- Core: We will start with these golfers in every lineup. At least two from my core will be in every one of the lineups.
- PFs: We all have our guys, and these are mine. They will be in the player pool at a minimum of 20%. I have seven, and they are quite common: Tiger Woods, Patrick Cantlay, Jordan Spieth, Brian Harman, Collin Morikawa, Brian Stuard and, at times, Bryson DeChambeau.
- Chalk Zone: These golfers are expected to be the most popular golfers of the week. They are supposed to be widely owned, and so, in a massive GPP, a winning lineup likely won’t have more than one of the guys listed in this area.
- Alternates: On the PGA Tour, alternates are lucky to get in the field each week. However, it happens all the time due to injuries. In this section, we’ll identify a few lineup alternates that can help fill a lineup and still provide some decent upside.
- Recommended Allocation: The percentage of time said golfer should be in your lineups, or at least what we are advocating.
- Projected Ownership: The percentage that the field will have said golfer in their lineups.
- Variance: The difference between Recommended Allocation and Projected Ownership. A favorable variance gives you leverage.
Last Week’s Recap
The Honda Classic was the Honda Massacre for me last week. I did score a couple of tickets to mitigate the losses, but it wasn’t a good week.
Since the course is on an island, there’s always some wind to be expected. There is nothing to earn a draw bias from.
Latest PGA DFS Content
- 📽️ PGA DFS Live Before Lock: The Zurich Classic DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
- DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic | Patrick Cantlay
- Above the Cut: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic (FREE)
- Winning Element: PGA DFS Player Pool Predictions & Ownersihps for the Zurich Classic l DraftKings & FanDuel l Cameron Champ
- The Approach: PGA DFS Picks Based on Awesemo’s Rankings & Ownership Projections for The Zurich Classic
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Corales Puntacana Championship PGA DFS Picks
Of my usual favorites, Will Gordon, Justin Suh and Brandon Wu are all here this week.
PGA DFS Picks for The Corales Puntacana Championship
Total Player Pool: 55
Week-Long DFS Contests
- 100 ($15) Resurgence
- 1 ($200) Driver
- 1 $333
- 150 GPP lineups
Core Golfers (DraftKings Price/FanDuel Price)
Thomas Pieters & Emiliano Grillo
All the golfers above $10,000 are drawing some interest, so Pieters and Thomas Detry will be lower-owned than the others up here. I also like where Grillo’s game is as compared to Charley Hoffman, and it looks like he’s trending towards a bit lower ownership as well. For Pieters, I think his game long-term has more potential than Detry’s, but I’ll have a good amount of both this week.
Nate Lashley & Brandon Wu
When I’m not pairing the two above golfers together, I’m mixing them in with one of these two guys and Justin Suh. Lashley has been consistent lately and has good results here, and Wu seems to do better on easy tracks.
Justin Suh ($8,700)
Coming back to the site of one of his best finishes on the PGA Tour, Suh can draw good feelings from five months ago and hopefully get the big break in his career he’s been looking for.
Brice Garnett ($8,000)
Turning into a bit of a weak-field specialist, Garnett is incredibly consistent off the tee, which yields a lot of birdie looks at an easier golf course like this. He is in good form as well, coming off a good finish at the Honda last week and Puerto Rico a few weeks before that.
Tyler McCumber ($7,900)
Similar to Garnett above, McCumber is coming into this week in pretty good form, making the cut each of the last two weeks. Plus, he almost won this event a few months back. McCumber resonates with the course and the area, and he is reasonably priced at $7,900 this week.
Joel Dahmen ($7,700)
I’m buying into longer-term form here. Dahmen has come here three times and finished inside the top 15 in each appearance, so that won’t be all I’m banking on this week.
Other Higher-Owned Targets Under $7,500
- Ted Potter ($7,400)
- Vincent Whaley ($7,200)
Full March Madness CBB DFS Pass, Just $9.95It's the most wonderful time of the year in College Basketball, and we've got the best tools to help you come out on top in your both your March Madness DFS contests and bracket challenges. Become an Awesemo+ CBB member now to receive Matt Gajewski's expert projections for EVERY GAME in the NCAA Tournament and find yourself winning big for only $9.95.
Chalk Zone Key
This is how I’m allocating my shares to the expected chalk of the week. For this article, anyone projected over 10% for this week’s Corales Puntacana Championship will be considered chalk. In order by salary:
O = Overweight
E = Equal Weight
U = Underweight
- Charley Hoffman (U)
- Charles Howell (U to E)
- Jhonattan Vegas (E to U)
- Lee Hodges (O)
- Sam Ryder (O)
- Luke List (U)
- Sepp Straka (U)
- Roger Sloan (U)
- Patrick Rodgers (U)
- Stephan Jaeger (E to U)
- Taylor Pendrith (U)
- Chase Seiffert (E)
- Adam Schenk (U)
- Lucas Herbert (E to O)
- Pat Perez (U)
- Xinjun Zhang (E)
PGA DFS Alternates (5-15% GPPs)
- Camilo Villegas
- Scott Harrington
- Scott Brown
- Hank Lebioda
- Troy Merritt
- Zack Sucher
- George McNeill
- Jonathan Byrd
- Michael Kim
- Alex Cejka
- Ricky Barnes
- Sangmoon Bae
- Hunter Mahan
Looking for more Corales Puntacana Championship daily fantasy golf and PGA DFS picks content? We have loads of PGA DFS picks articles, data, DraftKings and FanDuel cheat sheets, and more on the Awesemo PGA home page. Just click HERE
📽️ PGA DFS Live Before Lock: The Zurich Classic DraftKings + FanDuel Picks
DraftKings Cheat Sheet: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic | Patrick Cantlay
Above the Cut: PGA DFS Picks for The Zurich Classic (FREE)
Winning Element: PGA DFS Player Pool Predictions & Ownersihps for the Zurich Classic l DraftKings & FanDuel l Cameron Champ
The Approach: PGA DFS Picks Based on Awesemo’s Rankings & Ownership Projections for The Zurich Classic
PGA DFS Ownership Rankings
Fantasy Golf: PGA DFS Projections for SuperDraft
PGA DFS Projections for Showdown and Weekend Daily Fantasy Golf