Kyle Shanahan had a moment that he would love to have back. Shanahan tried to answer a question about whether Garoppolo would have a place on the roster after the draft. The 49ers used the third overall choice on North Dakota State quarterback Trey Lance, the heir apparent to Garoppolo.
Trending from Side Action
- Wild Fights Break Out In The Stands At UFC 262
- All It Took Was One Punch For This Padres Fan To Knock Out A Rockies Fan On Wednesday
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Shanahan later admitted he “totally bombed” his answer.
“I can’t guarantee that anybody in the world will be alive Sunday, so I can’t guarantee who will be on our roster on Sunday. So, that goes for all of us,” Shanahan said Monday.
Kyle Shanahan Clears Up His Comments On Jimmy Garoppolo Being Alive Sundayhttps://t.co/HkgiExObNw
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) April 30, 2021
Apparently some of his players called him on Sunday to let them know they were still alive.
Take 2 sans typo:
This is tremendous. I’m told a group of #49ers players called Kyle Shanahan today to let him know they survived until Sunday. So good.
— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) May 3, 2021
Shanahan deserved that.
What a bonehead comment.