After struggling mightily offensively for the start of the season, the Cubs offense erupted for 16 runs against the Mets on Wednesday night. Part of the barrage included a Javier Baez grand slam. However, a young fan in the bleachers stole the show on the play.
Due to COVID, the Cubs put a tarp over a lot of the bleacher seats, separating the fans from the field. When a young fan tried to catch Javy’s home run, he went flying down the tarp.
Javy Baez just destroyed this grand slam and luckily the camera cut away before the fan that caught the ball undoubtedly broke every bone in their face. pic.twitter.com/kYgmKlnEap
— Jared Carrabis (@Jared_Carrabis) April 22, 2021
The camera cut away, but a new video shows the kids’ trip down the tarp, and it is truly a sight to see.
HARDHATS ARE REQUIRED IN THE BLEACHERS pic.twitter.com/05j8Ee1vXk
— DOM (@DOM_Frederic) April 22, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- LeBron Still Has Yet to Get the Vaccine
- PGA Villain Patrick Reed Landed His Wife, Justine, After He Was Ghosted By Her Sister
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
While it looks like the kid went head first into the wall, he popped up right away, and was just fine. The best part of the whole thing was that he ended up with the ball, too.
I think it’s safe to say that kid will remember that experience for the rest of his life.