Green Bay Packers Pro Bowl running back Aaron Jones will be a hot commodity on the free agency market. While Green Bay would love to have their tailback return to the team, they might not have enough wiggle room with the salary cap. With that being said, the market for Jones is starting to narrow.
The front runner for the running back appears to be the Miami Dolphins. According to Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald there is ‘mutual interest’ between the Dolphins and Jones.
— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) February 23, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
While the Dolphins makes a lot of sense for Aaron Jones, it might also be hard for them to sign him to a monster deal.
The Dolphins have only $26 million in cap space if the cap ends up at $180 million. (The cap could rise to as high as $185 million.)
Miami could create another $21.3 million in cap space by restructuring the contracts of Byron Jones, Kyle Van Noy and Ereck Flowers.
Last season, Aaron Jones rushed for 1,104 yards to go along with nine touchdowns. He has asserted himself into a small group of best running backs in the NFL. Whoever ends up landing Aaron Jones will be lucky to have such a quality back.