Just give Alex Smith the comeback player of the year now. I don’t even care how he plays. The veteran quarterback has officially defied all odds after his gruesome leg injury. Smith will start at QB for the Washington Football Team today.
For the first time in 728 days, Alex Smith will start an NFL game today.
From nearly losing his life and having 17 surgeries to returning to the field, driven in part by a desire to show his children the importance of giving it their all in life.
Inspiring on a lot of levels.
— Field Yates (@FieldYates) November 15, 2020
- Jack Nicklaus Wants to Keep Politics Out of Golf After His Guy Lost
- More SEC Postponments on the Way This Weekend
- Mark Cuban and John Legend Get into it Politically on Twitter
- Victor Oladipo’s Twin Sister Has Issues with Myles Turner
- Is Jimmy Garoppolo Already on His Way Out of San Francisco
This is why we love sports. Every once in a while, a story comes along that makes us believe in something bigger than the game. Alex Smith is that story. It almost doesn’t even matter whether or not he wins or loses the game today, Alex Smith is a winner.
With that being said, it would be great to see Alex Smith go out there and win a football game today. I think we can all agree that Washington is America’s team for today. Go get em Alex.