Tragedy struck this week following an eating contest gone wrong.
A Tufts lacrosse player died on Sunday after participating in a student hot dog eating contest, according to the Rockland/Westchester Journal News.
Tufts said first responders performed "extensive life-saving procedures" after Madie Nicpon choked while participating in a hot dog eating contest at a "private, rental property." https://t.co/TOP7zR2x8x
— USA TODAY Sports (@usatodaysports) October 21, 2021
Madelyn Nicpon was a contestant in the contest last weekend at a Boston-area home with other students when she choked. First responders performed “extensive life-saving procedures” before transporting her to a local hospital, where she died the next day.
Trending from Side Action
- Josh Jacobs Responds to Rumors He Has Eight Kids With Eight Different Women
- Larry Fitzgerald’s Ex Girlfriend Calls Him Out for Sleeping with his Assistant
- Kliff Kingsbury Back with Girlfriend Veronica Bielik, She’s Posting From His Bedroom
- LSU Fan Gave Coach O Great Sendoff By Grabbing Her Chest in Epic Video Bomb
- Girl in Bed With Arch Manning Declares Where’s He’s Going to Play College Football
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
She was only 20 years old.
Her team shared a message on Instagram:
“We are beyond heartbroken to share the news of the passing of junior Madie Nicpon — “Scooter”.
Scooter was a true friend and teammate. She truly valued her relationships with her teammates and coaches. Her reach was far beyond our team — she was a true connector on campus and touched every single person she met.
She has and will continue to inspire us every day. We should all strive to live life a little bit more like Scooter did — a person that valued love, loyalty, compassion and friendship.
Please keep the Nicpon family in your thoughts and consider donating to the GoFundMe in our bio.
“True friends are never apart, maybe in distance but never at heart.”
We love you, Scooter. Keep dancing from above💙🐘”
Rest in peace.