Former president of Michael Jordan’s Jordan Brand from 1999-2006 and president of the Portland Trail Blazers from 2007-2012, Larry Miller, is coming clean.
Miller spoke with Sports Illustrated, and revealed that when he was 16-years-old in Philadelphia, he killed a man.
“That’s what makes it even more difficult for me, because it was for no reason at all,” Miller told Sports Illustrated. “I mean, there was no valid reason for this to happen. And that’s the thing that I really struggle with and that’s—you know, it’s the thing that I think about every day. It’s like, I did this, and to someone who—it was no reason to do it. And that’s the part that really bothers me.”
As Miller describes it, his decision to pull the trigger was an act of retribution. Earlier that month, a younger friend—someone he considered “an innocent”—had been stabbed and killed during a fight with the 53rd and Pine gang.”
“For 40 years, I ran from this. I tried to hide this and hope that people didn’t find out about it.”
— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) October 13, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Miller was later arrested and imprisoned until he was 30-years-old.
“It was eating me up inside,” he says.
“If I could go back and undo it, I would absolutely do that. I can’t. So all I can do is try to do what I can to help other people and try to maybe prevent this from happening to someone else,” Miller said.
Goes to show you someone can turn around their life after making a terrible mistake.
He served his time and clearly still feels remorse over the killing.
Props to Miller on sharing his story.