NFL Comeback Player Of The Year Alex Smith didn’t feel wanted by his own organization last season. Smith famously suffered a gruesome leg injury during the 2018.
His leg had to be rescued by emergency surgery, and it was a miracle that Smith made it back to the NFL. Alex Smith says his return to football even took the Washington Football Team by surprise. He also said they weren’t too happy about it.
“They didn’t see it, didn’t want me there, didn’t want me to be a part of it, didn’t want me to be on the team, the roster, didn’t want to give me a chance,” Alex Smith told GQ Magazine via ESPN. “Mind you, it was a whole new regime, they came in; I’m like the leftovers and I’m hurt and I’m this liability.
“Heck no, they didn’t want me there. At that point, as you can imagine, everything I’d been through, I couldn’t have cared less about all that. Whether you like it or not, I’m giving this a go at this point.”
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
Alex Smith starting the year as WFT’s third string quarterback. However, he found his way into the starting gig mid-season. Smith looked pretty good (all things considered) and even played a role in Washington notching a surprising playoff birth.
While Smith has not made a decision on 2021 yet, he might want to get out of Washington after feeling unwanted. We’ll see what the future holds for Alex Smith.