The Sixers are bringing back a black City Edition jersey for the 2020-21 season, but it’s not the one from the Allen Iverson era. The jersey showcases Philadelphia’s iconic Boathouse Row, in an effort to continue to spotlight the team’s connection to the rich history in the City of Brotherly Love.
The jersey was designed in collaboration with Ben Simmons. Simmons has been pushing for Sixers President Chris Heck to bring back a black jersey since his rookie year. Sixers legend Allen Iverson put the new jersey on display.
- The Masters Always Gives Tiger Woods the Feels
- That Time Mike Tyson Used a Fake Penis to Beat a Drug Test
- Tim Tebow Wouldn’t Call a Play Because the Name Contained a Cuss Word
- Kendrick Perkins Has a Very Surprising Guess Where Chris Paul Will End Up Next Season
- Coach Bruce Arians Calls Out Tom Brady’s Poor Play
- Clip of Rex Ryan Teaching Sean Payton to Dance is Must-See Funny
He was recreating his Slam cover from back in the day.
The original cover below:
A.I. also narrates the promo vid:
Sixers need to change up something, maybe these new jerseys will give them the boost they need.