NBA superstar free agent Anthony Davis is rumored to be in a holding pattern on terms for a new contract with the Los Angeles Lakers. Davis’ delay reportedly could be connected to the supermax extension that fellow star Giannis Antetokounmpo is weighing with the Milwaukee Bucks.
The Bucks have been “operating under the belief” that Antetokounmpo will sign the lucrative extension, but no agreements have been made. The team recently made a flurry of moves in the trade and free agency markets to shore up the roster for their superstar.
“I think there are two star players waiting to sign to see what Giannis does,” said Brian Windhorst on ESPN Radio. “That’s Anthony Davis. He’s coming back to the Lakers, but he may change the alteration of his contract, the way it’s structured, to give the Lakers a window, if not for Giannis but for somebody in a one-plus-one. Because that’s what LeBron is now on.
“And Bam Adebayo. If Bam Adebayo signs a max contract, the Heat will not have the room. But if he waits a year, than they will.”
- LaMelo Ball Knows Who Would Win if His Dad Lavar Played His New Boss Michael Jordan
- Is Anthony Davis Waiting on Giannis Before Making His Own Free Agency Decision?
- What Did Zeke Have to Say About Life With the Dallas Cowboys Organization?
- Caesar’s Reign: William Hill Investors Approve Bid By Casino Juggernaut At $3.69 Billion
- LeBron’s Epic Response to Resurfaced George Clooney Rumor
- NBA Players In Unprecedented Meeting With the Pope on Social Issues
Windhorst described Antetokounmpo’s decision as potentially the most impactful in the NBA since Kevin Durant signed with the Golden State Warriors in 2016.
If Giannis declines to sign the extension, the rumor is that Davis would sign a deal that would enable the Los Angeles Lakers to pursue Antetokounmpo in free agency next summer. If this is the case, the Lakers would have room for Davis, Antetokounmpo and LeBron James. Just imagine how good LeBron, Giannis and AD would be together.
Best Big three of all time?