Chicago Cubs star Anthony Rizzo and Atlanta Braves’ Freddie Freeman are two of the best first basemen in the MLB. They also have a whole lot of mutual respect for each other. So it was no surprise that Rizzo started joking around with Freddie Freeman during a rundown on Sunday Night Baseball last night.
Rizzo (who was covering third base during the pickle) was chasing Freeman back to second, when he let out a loud, “FREDERICK!”. It was definitely a mic’d up moment for the ages.
Anthony Rizzo mic'd up during the rundown is comedy 😂 pic.twitter.com/6mAHEeG5E4
— ESPN (@espn) April 19, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- All It Took Was One Punch For This Padres Fan To Knock Out A Rockies Fan On Wednesday
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- LeBron Still Has Yet to Get the Vaccine
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
The Braves would go on to destroy Rizzo and the Cubs on Sunday Night Baseball, winning 13-4. Both the Braves and Cubs have stumbled out of the gate during the early going of the 2021 season. Freeman’s Braves are currently 7-9, and the Cubs sit at a disappointing 6-9.
While the team’s will look to right the ship, it looks like morale is still high for two of the best in the game, Anthony Rizzo and Freddie Freeman.
We need athletes mic’d up more often.