The Baylor Bears dominated Gonzaga, and never trailed at any point in the game. They were up against an undefeated Gonzaga squad aiming to complete the first perfect season since 1976. Everyone had them losing, and they were big underdogs at the sportsbooks. Well what made them come out like that?
Was it a coach’s speech perhaps? Maybe it had something to do with players finding out the Zags preordered celebratory champagne.
.@MarkVitalJr just told @sportsiren and me that Baylor players found out that some of the Gonzaga guys had ordered cases of champagne prior to the title game. Baylor took that as serious disrespect. Even talked about it during the game. No wonder Baylor kicked their ass so badly.
— Gabe Ikard (@GabeIkard) April 7, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
— College Sports on SiriusXM (@SXMCollege) April 7, 2021
I doubt Baylor needed any motivation for the national championship game, but it sounds like this definitely made a difference.
Talk about bulletin board material.