Chicago Bears linebacker Roquan Smith scored his first NFL touchdown on Sunday when he took a Joe Burrow interception 53 yards for a touchdown.
In the heat of the moment, Smith gave the ball to a fan who was sitting by the end zone. Even though he later realized that he wanted the ball as a keepsake, Roquan Smith decided he’d let the fan keep it.
“In the moment,” Smith said. “I wish I would have kept it. But I’m sure I made his year. … I’ll just keep the jersey and I’ll keep the memory.”
The Bears fan who received the ball, Courtney Fong, saw the quote from Roquan Smith, and went on a mission to return the ball to the Bears’ middle linebacker.
— Courtney Fong (@courtfong) September 19, 2021
On Tuesday, Courtney Fong announced that she had successfully exchanged the football with Roquan Smith for a who bunch of gifts.
The ball has been returned! Thank you @RoquanSmith1 @ChicagoBears for making another memorable moment. Thank you @leilarahimi @AdamHoge and #Twitter for getting the word out. All Love #Bears https://t.co/xI26RdN9tU pic.twitter.com/ERrlCmajWU
— Courtney Fong (@courtfong) September 21, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Roquan Smith’s first touchdown was the spark the Bears needed to get their first win of the season against the Bengals on Sunday.
And I’m sure Courtney Fong will be just fine with all her new memorabilia items to replace the ball she received during the game.