The sports world is mourning the loss of former Illinois defensive end Bobby Roundtree.
Roundtree, whose football career came to an abrupt end following a freak swimming accident in 2019, was found dead in the Tampa area on Friday.
The Illini Family has lost one of its inspirational leaders with the passing of Bobby Roundtree Friday in the Tampa Bay area.
— Illinois Football (@IlliniFootball) July 16, 2021
Bobby Roundtree was just 23-year-old.
“There are no words to adequately express the sadness in my heart,” said Illinois Director of Athletics Josh Whitman in a statement. “In the face of unspeakable adversity and hardship, Bobby brought life and optimism to every room he entered. He was a warrior, a leader, and an inspiration to all. I will never forget him. Love you, 97.”
Bobby Roundtree’s final message to his fans came via a Twitter message he sent out on on Thursday.
Stay humble and keep ELEVATING🚀
— Bobby Roundtree (@BobbyRoundtr97) July 16, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- NBA Lottery Pick Josh Giddey Being Linked to Kylie Jenner
- Alvin Kamara Spotted With Dwight Howard’s Ex Te’a Cooper
- Michael Blackson Calls Out Ben Simmons For Sliding Into His Girlfriend’s DM’s
- Miss BumBum Suzy Cortez Honors Lionel Messi With ‘Anal Tattoo’
- Shailene Woodley’s Mother Lori Enters the Aaron Rodgers Packers Drama
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Bobby Roundtree was projected to be drafted in the first three rounds of the 2020 NFL Draft before his swimming accident left him paralyzed.
It is unclear what the exact cause of death is at this time.
Rest in peace, Bobby.