Former NFL Gunslinger Brett Favre has yet to pay back $600,000 he received from the state of Mississippi for multiple speaking events where he never showed up, authorities said Tuesday. Last week a reporter called out Favre, and he didn’t react so well, he quickly blocked the reporter.
Former Packers QB Brett Favre Blocks Reporter Who Asked Him About Repaying $600k In State Welfare Fundshttps://t.co/rgUJjvVwva
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) May 7, 2021
Mississippi authorities confirmed on Tuesday that Favre has not yet paid back $600,000 that he promised to pay a year ago.
Trending from Side Action
- Did Floyd Mayweather Hold Up Logan Paul To Avoid A Knockout?
- Lana Rhoades Brooklyn Nets Date Points to Kevin Durant
- Porn Star Lana Rhoades Says Nets Player Hooked Her Up with Private Suite for Playoff Game
- Natalie Buffet Praises Boyfriend Dak Prescott Opening Up About Mental Health
- Justin Herbert Reportedly in a Low Key Relationship with NFL Network’s Taylor Bisciotti
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Favre promptly paid back large chunk of the money when the issue first arose.
“After the initial media dustup, he stroked a check for $500 grand and gave a commitment, a voluntary commitment, to repay the rest in the coming months,” Logan Reeves, a spokesman for Mississippi Auditor Shad White, told the AP. “And then, that didn’t happen.”
ESPN: Brett Favre yet to make $600K repayment to Mississippi despite promise, state says.https://t.co/6ao4YO5W6k
— Mary Marineau (@MarineauMary) May 12, 2021
Favre has not been accused of any crime. His agent did not return a request from the AP for comment.
At some point Favre will have to address what he owes.