A Buffalo radio host was recently fired over an incredibly tone-deaf comment he made about women’s tennis superstar Serena Williams.
The conversation of skin tone took place on Buffalo’s 97 Rock. The show’s host, Rob Lederman, can be heard talking about how some black women were too dark for him. Lederman calls Serena Williams, “too dark” but says that Halle berry is o.k for him while comparing the women to toast.
Check out the idiotic conversation here.
Didn’t hear this live but internet keeps receipts. @97RockBuffalo morning hosts compared how they like their toast to black women’s skin tone. So just in case y’all missed it too, take a listen pic.twitter.com/6nVolu5a23
— Marcel Louis-Jacques (@Marcel_LJ) March 24, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
I mean, how could these guys think this conversation is OK? Needless to say, Serena Williams is the wrong person to attack, and we’ll see if she even bothers dealing with these pathetic guys.
As for Rob Lederman? According to TMZ, he has been fired. The other hosts on the show have also been disciplined by the radio station.
Just an incredibly stupid sound bite. People need to be better.