Count Christian McCaffrey among the many NFL players who have a problem with Thursday Night Football.
In short, players believe that the shortened week simply doesn’t give their bodies enough time to recover. And McCaffrey thinks it was a large part of the reason why he went down with a hamstring injury.
Christian McCaffrey says he was very frustrated at getting hurt again and "definitely" believes the short week was responsible for the hamstring injury.
— Joe Person (@josephperson) October 7, 2021
Christian McCaffrey was forced to sit out the Panthers’ loss to the Cowboys last weekend due to the injury that he believed was a direct result of playing Thursday Night Football the previous week against the Texans.
For now, McCaffrey appears to be on track to play the Eagles on Sunday.
Panthers head coach Matt Rhule says he's "hopeful" Christian McCaffrey plays on Sunday but says they won't put him in danger.
— Dave Zangaro (@DZangaroNBCS) October 7, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Jerry Jones Goes Viral For Kissing His Son On the Lips Following Overtime Win Against the Patriots
- Zion Williamson Trending For His Not So Flattering 2021 Media Day Pic
- Jon Gruden Reportedly Received Images Of Washington Football Team’s Cheerleaders Being Forced To Pose Topless
- Eagles Fans Arrested During Panthers Game For ‘Sex in The Bathroom Stall’
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
It’s entirely possible that the Panthers dodged a serious Christian McCaffrey injury this time. But the more the NFL keeps trotting players out there after only a few days rest, the more we’ll be seeing an influx of injuries.
But I don’t think that’ll stop the league from continuing on with Thursday Night Football. There’s simply too much money to be had with the set up. And it’d be giving the league too much credit to say they value players’ health over their checkbooks.
We’ll all hoping to see Christian McCaffrey back on the field ASAP.