The COVID vaccinations continue to force people to make choices, and some of those choices aren’t that great. Rutgers University defensive back Peyton Powell made the announcement on Twitter, saying that he he felt that he had “no other choice” but to withdraw from the team and pursue playing opportunities elsewhere after the University mandated its players to receive the vaccine.
“Therefore I have no other choice but to enter my name into the transfer portal.”
Peyton’s tweet below:
The University of Rutgers has made the COVID vaccine mandatory to attend school and play football, therefore I have no other choice but to enter my name into the transfer portal.
— Peyton Powell (@PPowell_) August 24, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- Dwyane Wade’s Side Baby Mama Aja Metyeour Sends Out a Message
- Manchester United Legend Paul Scholes Getting Dragged After Daughter Posts Video of Him Chewing Her Toenails
- Former NBA Ball Boy Turned Tik Toker Gets Ethered by Richard Jefferson For Looking at Player’s ‘Junk’
- Houston Astros Now Being Accused of Cheating with Whistling
- More Urban Meyer at the Bar Video, Sext Messages With Cayman Nebraska Rumors Surface
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Rutgers coach Greg Schiano had indicated prior to the start of this summer’s training camp that more than 90 percent of his players had received vaccines against the virus.
News: Rutgers' vaccination rate is over 90%. "I’d say we’re in as good shape as probably anybody in the country," Greg Schiano said. https://t.co/KMV2T0Yq5Z
— James Kratch (@JamesKratch) July 23, 2021
If you’re that against getting a vaccine, playing football must not be that important.
Good luck in the transfer portal.