24-year-old Collin Morikawa is one of the best rising stars in the PGA today. The youngster put his skills on full display when he took home the WGC-Workday trophy today. Morikawa took control of the leaderboard early, and did not falter all day long. It was a Sunday performance that had many thinking about a young Tiger Woods.
Tiger is currently recovering from a scary car crash that left him in need of leg surgery. Many golfers on the PGA Tour sent get well wishes to Tiger Woods. After securing the win, Collin Morikawa spoke on what Tiger means to him.
“I don’t think we say thank you enough. So I want to say thank you to Tiger. Sometimes you lose people too early. I lost my grandpa about a month ago and you don’t get to say thank you enough,” Morikawa said.
“I don't think we say thank you enough. So I want to say thank you to Tiger. Sometimes you lose people too early. I lost my grandpa about a month ago and you don't get to say thank you enough."
Powerful words from Collin Morikawa after win at WGC-Workday pic.twitter.com/S9MFyjsoPF
— Jeff Eisenband (@JeffEisenband) February 28, 2021
- Gronk Goes to Disney World is the Most Clickable Headline of the Year
- Tom Brady is a Fanatic About Winning; Leonard Fournette Has Proof
- Mariota Reclamation Project in New England? Patriots Reportedly Eyeballing Quarterback
- Super Bowl Streaker Bet on Super Bowl Streaking
- Two Teams Reportedly Interested in Carson Wentz Trade
- Bronny James Reveals Torn Meniscus Diagnosis
- Courtside Karen in LeBron James Incident Apologizes via Instagram
- What Was Actually Said in LeBron James vs Courtside Karen Incident
A lot of young golfers grew up with Tiger Woods as their idol. He didn’t just dominate the sport, he made it cool to play the game of golf. Many people who would have never picked up a golf club watched Tiger Woods on TV and changed their minds.
Collin Morikawa’s strong message is just the latest instance where a golfer has showed how much Tiger Woods means to them.