Conor McGregor bought out of ownership stake in Proper No. Twelve whiskey. MMA superstar Conor McGregor has made plenty of money fighting for a living, but nothing close to how much he made selling his Whiskey brand. According to a news release Mexican beverage company Becle, best known for its Jose Cuervo tequila products, has fully acquired the Proper 12 whiskey brand from Conor McGregor.
— Latest News from Business Wire (@NewsFromBW) February 25, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- LeBron James Under Fire After Tweeting ‘You’re Next’ At Ohio Cop Who Killed Teen
- Kim Kardashian Already Being Linked to An Athlete
- Deshaun Watson’s Girlfriend Jilly Anais Posts First Picture of Watson Since Scandal Broke
- Twitter Reacts To Patrick Mahomes’ Fiancé Brittany Matthews’ Hot Outfit
- Tiger Woods’ Girlfriend Erica Herman Has Been a Huge Part of his Recovery
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Via MMA Mania:
A Becle spokesman confirmed to Whisky Cast that the acquisition covers the remaining 51 percent equity in EBS. In summary, Becle will have complete control of the company.
What’s interesting here is that McGregor’s future role in the company is uncertain. No longer an owner, it’s unclear if McGregor will be brought on as a spokesperson or representative, and Becle declined to comment on the issue. McGregor may have just cashed out!
One wonders if the deal made him a billionaire.
This is how George Clooney became a billionaire, not from acting, but being famous enough to launch his own liquor brand.
Say what you want about McGregor, he’s one fooking smart man.