Manchester United was a part of the 12-team ‘Super League’ that would combine 12 of the richest teams in Europe for a tournament that was highly controversial. Now, the Super League appears to be dead after teams are starting to back out of the idea amid the heavy backlash.
All The ‘Super League’ Jokes Are Out After The Idea Appears To Be Deadhttps://t.co/34LmPQ6ufb
— SideAction (@SideActionHQ) April 20, 2021
With the demise of the Super League, Manchester United chairman Ed Woodward has stepped down from his role. But no worries, UFC superstar Conor McGregor has a plan. He’s ‘thinking’ about buying the club.
“Hey guys, I’m thinking about buying Manchester United! What do you think,” McGregor said on Tuesday.
Hey guys, I’m thinking about buying Manchester United!
What do you think?
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) April 20, 2021
Trending from Side Action
- All It Took Was One Punch For This Padres Fan To Knock Out A Rockies Fan On Wednesday
- Ayesha Curry Shows Off Her Old Breast Implants
- Floyd Mayweather Threatens to Kill Logan Paul Following Their Press Conference
- Serena Williams Was Trending For Her Different Looking Face
- LeBron Still Has Yet to Get the Vaccine
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Manchester United is valued at around $4 Billion, so McGregor would probably need to team up with some business partners if he wanted to make an actual run at buying the club.
McGregor says a lot things, and you can never really tell if the guy is kidding or not. We’ll all have to see if he makes an actual run at purchasing Man U.