Yankees players and Boston Red Sox players usually hate each other like cats and dogs.
David Ortiz and Alex Rodriguez seemingly are friendly now that they work together for Fox Sports.
But are they really friends?
Trending from Side Action
- Rachel Bush Goes On Twitter Rant After The Bills Lost In OT To The Chiefs
- A-Rod’s New Girlfriend He Brought to Packers Playoff Game Has Been Identified
- Devin Booker’s Girlfriend Kendall Jenner Posts Tiny Bikini, Fur Boots in the Snow Epic Thirst Traps
- Ja Morant Being Linked to Drake’s 40 Year Old Ex Johanna Leia
- Dwyane Wade’s Baby Mama Aja Metoyer Threatens to Break the Internet
- Awesemo DFS on Youtube
Ortiz was asked by NESN’s Tom Caron during The Sports Museum’s “The Tradition” event, and got a pretty clear answer.
“Look, he’s a good guy, man,” Ortiz said, as transcribed by Boston.com’s Tom Westerholm. “I’m telling you. The thing is, he’s got his own personality. In my case, I love you the way you are. I don’t want you to be the way I want you to be. …
“I am the way I am, you are the way you are, I’m going to love you the way you are, you’ve got to love me the way I am.”
— Boston.com Red Sox News (@BDCSox) December 9, 2021
Whether that sits well with Red Sox fans remains to be seen, but there’s clearly no bad blood between the two baseball greats.
Time to drop the competitive spirt once you hang up the cleats.